Brief intro and searching for The Bird Perch X-stitch pattern

Old June 10th 13, 08:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Danny Breidenbach

Default Brief intro and searching for The Bird Perch X-stitch pattern

Hi all,

I used to frequent the rec.arts.textiles.needlework USENET group in the bad old days of the late 90s. Learned a lot. Improved my skills a lot. Lived in Northern Virginia at the time. Now I'm in Kansas. I'm one of those relatively rare male stitchers. I'm not too proud to stitch on an airplane, though. Flight attendants and some passengers (always female) remark on my word. Other guys avert their eyes. Bully for them.

My wife is pining for me to find and stitch "The Bird Perch," which is a painting by Hector Giacomelli.
1. Has anyone come across such a pattern?
2. Any suggestions of how/where to search? I'm not getting far with straight-up Google.
3. Are the programs that turn photos into patterns any good? Because that could be a last-ditch "solution": get a print, and turn it into a pattern.

We both would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
--Danny
Old June 11th 13, 12:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

I vaguely remember seeing it as a pattern, but its been many years.
However, my own search didnt get anywhere either. I suggest you look
at your last option. I've used one of the programs, PCStitch, with a
fair degree of success, however I'm no expert on it.

Old June 11th 13, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 6/10/2013 2:07 PM, Danny Breidenbach wrote:
Hi all,

I used to frequent the rec.arts.textiles.needlework USENET group in the bad old days of the late 90s.

Welcome back, Danny!!! Stick around...we need more members!

My wife is pining for me to find and stitch "The Bird Perch," which is a painting by Hector Giacomelli.

You could try eBay. If you put the terms in the Watch list, if it ever
comes up for sale you'd be notified. You might have to re-list it every
3 months.

Another option is to post to rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace and see if
you get any response there.

HTH!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old June 13th 13, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_3_]

Hi Danny,

I have a pattern that came as a kit that says: "Lanarte life style
collection" but doesn't seem to have a name. the design is by
Marjolein Bastin and there are 14 birds on a feeding tray. I have
this completed but don't have framed yet. its 27 1/4" X 7". The
number on it is: 34287.

I just posted a picture of it to the Yahoo group RCTNP, album is
Rich's Stitches.

Rich

Old June 13th 13, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Danny Breidenbach

Rich,
Sounds interesting. Can you give me a tip on how to find the pictures you refer to? Is it similar to Google Groups or something? Thanks.
--Danny

Old June 14th 13, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Danny Breidenbach

Thank you. Everytime I try to join, I get this message:
You must first create a Yahoo! Profile
To use Yahoo! Groups, you must first create a public profile. This is a name which you will be known by within the group. It will be used to identify you when you use group features such as Messages, Chat, Photos, and Calendar, and it will be displayed in the Members area of your group. You can use your real name or a nickname.

I've tried all sorts of things, and I think I have a public profile ... but something is apparently missing! I log into Yahoo using my Google account. Then I edited my profile so my name, etc. is public. Is it complaining because I need an alias or something? I'm confused!!

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:51:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:

moderated because we had too many ads creeping in. You will be

admitted quickly if you mention rctn lol

Old June 15th 13, 12:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_3_]

Danny,

I have a yahoo email address, have had it for years, I think that is
what you need.

I can email you the picture as soon as I open my email program later
this morning.

Rich