Got a cleaver tip

Old November 18th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default Got a cleaver tip

Kate! do we have to watch you all the time? You don't want a cleaver
trick. Have mercy! A cleaver is one of those hefty whackers a butcher
uses. We quilters are dangerous enough with rotary blades.
A clever trick is okay. I need to go find my fainting couch. Polly

"Kate T." wrote Now that I am healthy enough to get out these days, I went
to a quilt
show over the past weekend.

I ran into a friend who owns a SM store in Alabama. Her husband is
the SM repairman.

I was telling her about my over filling my bobbins causing my machine
to jam up and having problems with picking out all the thread that
unwinds in the bobbin area of the machine. She chuckled and said most
machines get jammed that way.

She said if you can get hold of the thread and hang on to it, just
turn the wheel backwards and the thread will unwind all in one piece,
and she showed me how to adjust the bobbin winder to I don't overfill
anymore.

I felt so dumb for not being able to figure out something so simple.
What a "Senior Moment".

Kate T.

Old November 19th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

Kate! do we have to watch you all the time? You don't want a cleaver
trick. Have mercy! A cleaver is one of those hefty whackers a butcher
uses. We quilters are dangerous enough with rotary blades.
A clever trick is okay. I need to go find my fainting couch. Polly

I think I beat you to the fainting couch, Polly. VBG I really did
expect to hear about someone's fingers in terrible danger.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old November 19th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Our Susan is quite skilled with die-cutting. Wonder if she's thought of
using a cleaver? Polly

"Sandy" wrote I think I beat you to the fainting couch, Polly. VBG I

Old November 20th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

I guess I've gotten so used to 5th graders' incorrect spellings that I
didn't even notice! I knew right away that it was "clever."

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

Old November 22nd 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Y'all have such gruesome minds!! *I* thought of Mrs. Cleaver's boy, The
Beaver! LOL
PAT in Virginia

Old November 22nd 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Look, Pat. You haven't met our Kate T and I have. If she says she has a
cleaver trick, we have all been warned. I'm not one to doubt her. Polly

"Pat in Virginia" wrote Y'all have such gruesome minds!! *I* thought of
Mrs. Cleaver's boy, The
Beaver! LOL
PAT in Virginia

"Polly Esther" wrote Kate! do we have to watch you all the time? You

Old November 22nd 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

BBBBBBBBBBWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAA

You made my morning, fer sure