eBay's new Crochet Neighborhood

Old October 26th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace,rec.crafts.misc
Debra[_2_]

Default eBay's new Crochet Neighborhood

http://301url.com/Crochet

Old October 26th 07, 06:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace,rec.crafts.misc
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Wooly
this looked suspicious to me !!! since EBAY is a kind of SHOP , so to
speak ,,,, why advertise it here ????
mirjam

Debra wrote:
http://301url.com/Crochet

Hey, more spam!

Old October 26th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Mirjam, if you click on the link posted by Debra (and left by Wooly), you
will see that it is a *message board* , not a store. I just had a look
(it's not bad), and while most people who come here to post messages about
yarnwork... some of us also frequent the Yahoo group, and there was some
talk not long ago about some other group as well.

I don't personally find the posting of the link offensive so much...
afterall rcty is not the *only* yarn group around. However, it would be
accepted easier if the poster would post a message and mention *in* that
message about this new eBay message board instead of just the link. The
cross-posting to more than one newsgroup is also a no-no... so I deleted the
others and only left rcty on it as this is the only group I post to.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old October 27th 07, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

THANK YOU Gemini for clarifying that ,, i have nno doings on Ebay ,
and still i get odd messages 'so called from them " telling me my
account is in trouble or such weird things ,,, Never went there ,,,,
have no time, nore will ,,,
I reacted only on the strange format of this message ,,
mirjam

Old October 27th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One[_2_]

Messages telling you your EBay account has been compromised are NOT from
EBay. Since so many people have an EBay account, this is one way crooks try
to take advantage of you. Same as if they did it for Citibank or Bank of
America. I have received all three, and don't have accounts with the two
banks. Still, it's nutty, and designed to convince you to give up passwords
and other personal information.

Old October 28th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I know Mystifyed one !!!
From the begining ofmy internet time, my son warned me never to answer
to those kinds of posts as it verifies your exitence to them ,,,
Neither answer all kinds of' "if you want to stop this etc.".
Than we had schemes from all kinds of supposedly countries , banks
etc,,, i must say Some people have very creative minds , pity they use
it on Criminal ideas ,,,,
What a waste of minds ...
mirjam

Old October 28th 07, 05:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One[_2_]

ok, let's try a traditional approach:

"If you don't give me your social security number, birthdate, and credit
card numbers (expiration date, security code), and whatever else we want,
we'll shoot this adorable puppy. You wouldn't want to be responsible for
shooting this innocent, adorable puppy, now, would you? I know that a
caring knitter such as yourself would want the yarn inspector to go free to
roll in another ball of wool, cotton, or mohair. Oh, what the hell. Shoot
the puppy. Best keep the yarn pristine. See how insensitive you are!"

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
I know Mystifyed one !!!
From the begining ofmy internet time, my son warned me never to answer

Old October 28th 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Must say , Mystified i like your cynical approach !!!!
Alas in my life time i have been exposed to much worse cases of
blackmail ,,,as well as real life threats.
Email threats are the least dangerous in some way , and quite
dangerous, because i have seen , in some lists [+ngs] , where some
people threaten and intimidate others, by similar threats.
Ialso consider Chain letters of ANY KIND [ whether they promise good
or threaten with bad results `unless..`] Black mail threats.

Thus in the case of your note i will just say , if i will answer such
a note , which i would not anyway, that the threat writer is
insensitive himself....
mirjam

Old October 28th 07, 09:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Mystified One spun a FINE 'yarn':

Messages telling you your EBay account has been compromised are NOT from
EBay. Since so many people have an EBay account, this is one way crooks
try
to take advantage of you. Same as if they did it for Citibank or Bank of
America. I have received all three, and don't have accounts with the two
banks. Still, it's nutty, and designed to convince you to give up
passwords
and other personal information.

Mystified One. . .
They'll also send out fake paypal notices as well.....
Noreen

Yep! I've had them from PayPal (supposedly) and also one from what seemed
like my bank. I had to go to my bank that day anyway, so I mentioned it to
them and they told me flat out that the bank would never send those emails
out so to just trash any of them that come to me. It was the only one I
ever received, but I had already trashed it anyway. I deal with the
*people* at my bank, not emails.

Oh yeah, I checked into the PayPal one as well, and was told from them in
response to my email that they would never send those out either.

*hugs*
Gem