I just tried the spit-splice join

Old December 6th 05, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default I just tried the spit-splice join

Wow....that was such a neat way to join the yarn. (and I used water
instead of spit ). I didn't trust it the first time so I wanted to
do it again. I found the join was actually stronger than the yarn.

I'm learning a lot with this shawl. I never thought I would like
working with lace weight yarn. I find that I like it a lot. It's much
easier on the hands since it is so light weight. I've always avoided
wool, but this is really soft - and you can use this join method with
wool.

I haven't gotten to the lace work yet with the shawl. If I find I
actually like doing that, I will be just as surprised as finding I like
the lace weight and some wool :P

BB

Old December 7th 05, 05:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Betty,
that's wooderbarr!
We'll have you knitting oodles of lace yet, and omgosh, yes, isn't lace
weight easy on the hands?
Noreen

--
If Moses had been a woman, she'd have stopped and asked for directions, and
the people would've gotten to the promised land in under a week!

President Mackenzie Allen, ABC's Commander in Chief
ups.com...