A small whine

Old February 15th 11, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default A small whine

It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Cheryl

Old February 15th 11, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 2/15/2011 10:28 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Cheryl

You need some cheese with that whine...and put on some music. Daytime TV
is totally worthless IMNSHO.

Just back from a pretty and long drive in the country! It is too nice a
day to take the usual shorter route from the local shopping areas. Think
I will run by the LNS this afternoon, and maybe the secondhand paperback
bookstore.

Gill
Old February 15th 11, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:28:06 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Cheryl

There has only been crap on TV for ages now. Reality shows (nothing
further from it) Idol shows, dancing shows, self improvement shows
(Oprah and Phil - at least I assume that's what they are supposed to
be) lawyers, doctors, none of it entertaining, to me anyway.

I thought I had seen everything until I happened past someone called
Nancy Grace - I am still recovering from five minutes of watching
that!

Would you believe that Nancy Grace is an attorney and a member of the bar???
Then they wonder why lawyers have a bad rep.

Daytime TV is pretty much worthless except for an occasional decent rerun or
movie. The realities shows are mostly yuck.

Lucille

Old February 15th 11, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Feb 15, 10:28*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Cheryl

That's why ours is usually off!!! Well, except for DM's
news program and hockey games. (Of course that
was NOT a hockey game last Friday night.)

It's too late now but they repeated last night's
Westminster Dog Show this am.

Nancy
Old February 15th 11, 07:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2/15/11 10:28 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Cheryl

Can you get any of the PBS channels either on-line, or on-demand for free?
We watch a lot of PBS. Check out some of the state PBS stations -you might
find something.

On the crap stuff - guilty pleasures of some on Bravo. Also - I watch a lot
of NatGeo, and some of the various History channels. Depending on your
computer location versus the sit'n'stitch place - you might be able to get
something on-line.

Alternative- start doing audio-books while you stitch - though personally I
don't do it - I think Sue H. does. I'm always afraid I'll get so absorbed
that I'll lose track of my stitching locations.

ellice

Old February 15th 11, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2/15/11 12:05 PM, in article ,
"Gillian Murray" wrote:

On 2/15/2011 10:28 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Cheryl

You need some cheese with that whine...and put on some music. Daytime TV
is totally worthless IMNSHO.

Just back from a pretty and long drive in the country! It is too nice a
day to take the usual shorter route from the local shopping areas. Think
I will run by the LNS this afternoon, and maybe the secondhand paperback
bookstore.

Gill

Sounds like fun. It's actually really cold here again - though lovely &
sunny outside. I almost made it out yesterday, but had the big relapse.
However, I'm about to get into some more decent sweats and head at least to
the local grocery 'cause I'm too lazy to go the extra 5 miles to the better
one. Or something like that. Though I do also have to drop off some books
at the library. We'll see.

ellice

Old February 16th 11, 03:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 2/15/2011 1:39 PM, Ellice K. wrote:

Alternative- start doing audio-books while you stitch - though personally I
don't do it - I think Sue H. does. I'm always afraid I'll get so absorbed
that I'll lose track of my stitching locations.

I'm more likely to keep track of the stitching and "zone out" of the
story! (Same with when I drive...watching traffic, and suddenly realize
I don't remember the last ten minutes of the audiobook. But better that
than so absorbed in the book I'm not aware of my driving!)

Isn't it amazing....100+ channels of TV, and *still* nothing to watch!

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old February 16th 11, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2/15/11 9:39 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 2/15/2011 1:39 PM, Ellice K. wrote:

Alternative- start doing audio-books while you stitch - though personally I
don't do it - I think Sue H. does. I'm always afraid I'll get so absorbed
that I'll lose track of my stitching locations.

I'm more likely to keep track of the stitching and "zone out" of the
story! (Same with when I drive...watching traffic, and suddenly realize
I don't remember the last ten minutes of the audiobook. But better that
than so absorbed in the book I'm not aware of my driving!)

Isn't it amazing....100+ channels of TV, and *still* nothing to watch!

sue

I frequently think of that. I'm trying to do more listening to music or
something. When I'm painting, I cannot watch tv - much better to use music
for background. Somehow when stitching, I'd rather the lighter
entertainment of TV.

I keep thinking we should drop the extras on our FIOS service - but I've
found that there are some great movies on the retro stations, and the more
off the beaten track channels like FLIX, EPIX, Sundance, etc. Big libraries
in on-demand, so end up using that. Or watching for the umpteenth time some
DVDs. We recently - as a gift to ourselves- at Costco - got the entire
"Jeeves & Wooster" collection with Hugh Laurie & Stephen Frye - so that's
taking some amusement time. (First show we ever saw together was of the
same name, at Ken Ctr 14 years ago - wow).

Oh well. I guess years ago, without the great lighting we all have, etc -
just doing the stitching took concentration, plus there was always the
social conversation around. Or something like that.

Ellice

Old February 16th 11, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

On Feb 15, 7:28*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It is the prefect morning to sit and stitch. Trash is out, the laundry is
caught up and frankly a heating pad is in order on my lower back.. And I
have to wait for return calls

BUT THERE IS NOTHING BUT CRAP on TV.

Cheryl

Exactly why DH & I have a large collection of DVDs/Videos!!!!!!!!! We
have everything from the very old to the reasonably new -
documentaries, movies, cartoons and a few TV shows (Lucy, Little
Rascals and Rocky & Bullwinkle). :-) My favorite one to play when I
am home sick is the six hour Looney Toons video. If I drift off to
sleep, I haven't really missed anything and I'm not constantly needing
to get up to change the disc/tape. Although, DH did put the 15 Rocky
& Bullwinkle tapes all on one long playing tape because they're only
30 minutes each. Also, before the DVDs came out, DH put all three
"Back to the Future" movies on one long playing tape. We can watch it
all in one sitting, with no indication of where the individual movies
begin and end. Other than the fact that we've seen them all over and
over. :-) When stitching, I like to put in the old, black & white
comedies. There's just no one out there today like Cary Grant, Jimmy
Stewart or Gary Cooper - or Barbara Stanwyk when she's being
funny. :-)
Liz from Humbug

a little whine Roberta Zollner Quilting 11 June 8th 08 11:46 PM
OT -- I just need to whine the black rose Quilting 16 November 2nd 05 04:54 AM
Whine Black Cat Beads Beads 1 April 14th 04 06:50 AM
OT whine Kalera Stratton Beads 50 November 23rd 03 03:36 AM
*whine* SlinkyToy Yarn 2 October 10th 03 08:07 PM