Proposed Tax Rebate

Old January 19th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Default Proposed Tax Rebate

They are talking about an $800 "economic stimulus" tax rebate (for those
of us too poor to pay taxes, it would be zero).

The media have been asking "would you spend it, save it, or pay off
bills?", while reminding us that putting it in the bank or paying off
existing bills won't stimulate the economy.

I know that's a stupid question in this group, soooooo, if you got $800
to stimulate the economy, what S.E.X. would you use it for?

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 12/25/07 -- several scarves for kids in Kosovo

WIP: Sesame Street group picture, MLI The Teacher (gift to the library),
Bethany Angel, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Old January 19th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mary

If $800 would drop into my lap I would probably put it toward the work
planned for my kitchen this spring, or put it toward having some
interior painting done this year rather than next. I already have
piles of fabrics, yarns, and tatting materials (probably enough to
keep me busy the rest of my life, in fact!), and with 4 quilts, 2
sweaters, and some tatting already in progress I have NO reason to go
shopping!
Old January 19th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Karen C in California wrote:
They are talking about an $800 "economic stimulus" tax rebate (for those
of us too poor to pay taxes, it would be zero).

The media have been asking "would you spend it, save it, or pay off
bills?", while reminding us that putting it in the bank or paying off
existing bills won't stimulate the economy.

I know that's a stupid question in this group, soooooo, if you got $800
to stimulate the economy, what S.E.X. would you use it for?

We like to spend a week in Maine every summer, so all unexpected money
goes into the vacation account.

My resolution for this year was no new purchases, so no S.E.X. for me.
I have enough stitching supplies, yarn, etc. to last for at least the
next 5 years, so that's not really a hardship.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old January 19th 08, 07:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Yeah, I know, I'm at SABLE probably to the 2d or 3d power, but I'm sure
I could find something I "need" with the $800.

Probably a couple more of the WDW-exclusive Disney XS kits (and, Lucille
or Gillian, pick me up at the airport, because although I've been to
D'land umpty-ump times, I haven't been to DWorld, so I'm coming to pick
them up in person).

And maybe a few of those marvelous European florals that I keep drooling
over and then convincing myself are not worth $80 each.

Old January 19th 08, 12:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

And maybe a few of those marvelous European florals that I keep drooling
over and then convincing myself are not worth $80 each.

Karen,

You have a link to these European Florals?

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA
Old January 19th 08, 01:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Karen C in California says...

I know that's a stupid question in this group, soooooo, if you got $800
to stimulate the economy, what S.E.X. would you use it for?

I got more stuff than I know how to use so I'd spend the windfall on a
class or a retreat to learn how to use what I've got.

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old January 19th 08, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tamara

I have to agree, they aren't sending me any money. They didn't send it last
time and they won't this time. But if I happened to have $800 I would paint
the condo and buy a built-in microwave. I have enough stitching stash to
last a lifetime.
--
Tamara in sunny San Diego

Old January 20th 08, 06:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Cathy from KY in CA wrote:

Karen,

You have a link to these European Florals?

The Stitchery catalogue sometimes has some of them (usu. the Thea
Gouverneur ones).

www.Thumbelina.com carries the ones I really like, but they don't have
pictures of them on the website. You'd have to google up things like
Clara Waever and Eva Rosenstand and OOE to find someone who does have
the photos. Thumbelina sells the CW and ER catalogues, so they're not
going to put the photos on the website.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 1/19/08 - Sesame Street group picture

WIP: MLI The Teacher (gift to the library),

Old January 20th 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Here are some of the Eva Rosenstands.
http://www.colray-crafts.com/products.php?Cat=67

and Permin of Copenhagen