Fabric Postcards

Old October 16th 09, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens[_2_]

Default Fabric Postcards

Always said I was never making any - learned to never say never!
A member of my guild made a plea for fabric postcards to send to Ovarian
Cancer patients. Our local cancer centre sees about 100 cases per year, so
she pledged 100 postcards. The Canadian cancer society has chosen a
sunflower as their emblem for this group, and I had picked up a bundle of
fat quarters from Blank Textiles that have a donation make for Ovarian
cancer research at a show last winter.
I managed to finish 9 postcards - not great, and not too creative. I was
using some leftover peltex that I had used in making a couple of fabric
boxes. The number was determined by the amount of leftover small pieces!
Now I just have to get them delivered before we leave in less than two
weeks! I'll take some pictures later for my Webshots account.
DH and I are heading south on Oct 28, planning to arrive on Hallowe'en day.

--
Susan
quilting as usual......

http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston

Old October 16th 09, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
EstelleUK

Well Susan. I find them very addictive as you can see! Lovely to make them
for a good cause though.
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

Old October 16th 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Hi Susan,

Ok, I had to look this one up. I know that they technically fall
within postal regulations, but I still have to wonder what the postal
workers think about them, and what effect, if any, they may have on
sorting & handling equipment over time (lint?)

Just musing - that's all! :-)

Doc

Old October 16th 09, 06:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I received one from South Africa, in perfect condition, and sent just as
it was with a plain back for the address and short message. I think I
would have to send mine in an envelope, but this worked perfectly.
Goodness knows about the machinery etc!
..
In message
, Dr.
Zachary Smith writes
Hi Susan,

Ok, I had to look this one up. I know that they technically fall
within postal regulations, but I still have to wonder what the postal
workers think about them, and what effect, if any, they may have on
sorting & handling equipment over time (lint?)

Just musing - that's all! :-)

Doc

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 16th 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

They won't interfere with the machinery unless they have lots of
embellishments, then they have to be in an envelope. There are clear
plastic envelopes available for this. I've received some in the mail, and
they're just as clean and nice as if they'd been handed to me. You can also
take them to the post office and ask that they be hand canceled, thus
avoiding machinery. There are clerks at our post office that love to have
me bring them in so they can see them.
Gen

Old October 16th 09, 10:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

I've mailed three so far, and didn't use envelopes. The postal employees
had not see these before. They charged me regular, first class postage, not
postage for a Post Card. They also said that they could not be hand
cancelled. Mine had ribbons and buttons and were received in good
condition.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
[...]

Fabric postcards for Valentine's Day Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 6 September 29th 07 07:19 PM
Fabric Postcards teriquilter Quilting 10 November 2nd 06 12:41 AM
Fabric Postcards? [email protected] Quilting 43 September 13th 06 06:42 PM
My fabric postcards and Webshots Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 8 August 14th 06 12:13 PM
Fabric Postcards Susan Laity Price Quilting 6 February 15th 06 06:10 AM