Jewelry Display/Carry Case

Old May 7th 04, 11:41 PM
Marisa2

So, are these not exactly the same as the more expensive ones?

Marisa2

mjoann wrote:
vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Karin Cernik
:

]Yes, but they're more expensive there I believe.

good to know - they looked relatively inexpensive compared to many
i've looked at.

Fetpak pads their prices because of the "free" shipping, but they are a
bit less than others. Nile, though, is way less, and their shipping
isn't much more than the handling charge Fetpak adds to orders under
$100. If anybody is curious, Nile also offers many of the same items as
Rio Grande for much less. I love their sale items! I got some jewelry
cases for amazing prices with some internet specials a while back. My
only problem with one of them was a chemical smell that was pretty
overwhelming for a while. The cheaper ones were of less quality, but
they serve my purposes well for the price. Their minimum order is $75.00.

mjoann

Old May 7th 04, 11:42 PM
Marisa2

Karin,

thanks!!!

How do you decide whether you want the 1 inch, 1 1/2 inch, or 2 inch trays?

How do you decide how many trays you will need? I have a LOT of stuff
but I am terrible at estimating this type of thing.

marisa2

Karin Cernik wrote:

Found it...

http://www.nilecorp.com

Karin Cernik wrote:

Marisa,
I have 2 soft-sided cases, that each hold 12 1.5" deep full-size
trays, from Jewelry Supply (http://www.jewelrysupply.com). Yes, the
pads are sold separately from the trays - because there are different
kinds of trays (different depths, different materials, lids, no lids,
etc.) as well as different types of pads (colors, materials, divided,
bracelet, necklace, etc.)
I recently saw these someplace else at a much better price than
Jewelry Supply, although I was happy at the time that I got them. Now
if I can just remember where I saw them for less.... I think it was a
discussion here that had me look. I'll see if I can find it again.
I really like mine, I use them to store the finished jewelry at home.
Right now I'm only doing home shows, so I use the trays to do some
displays, but mainly just for storage. (Although I did take a case up
to the bank one day to show some things, and have brought them into
work, which was nice.)
I also have two trays that have 50 clear 1" diameter boxes in them, to
show charms and 'those' crystals, for people to customize their
bracelets. Those trays have white foam in them, to show the colors
better, although all the rest of mine are black velvet.

I really like Rio Grande's catalogs, and service, but for the most
part their prices are considerably higher than you can find other
places.

Karin

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

Old May 8th 04, 12:28 AM
Marisa2

Carla,

Thanks!

Where is the place in Chicago?

I live in a suburb of Chicago.

I am completely mystified by what I am seeing online, so it would be
cool to see some of this stuff in person!

marisa2

Carla wrote:

I got my carrying case, jeweller's trays, and earring rack from Fire
Mountain Gems. It holds up to 12 of the 1" trays. Some of the insert
pads have loops for hanging necklaces and collapsible stands on the
back. I just lift them out of the tray and stand them up and the
necklaces are already in place. Those are for the higher priced
necklaces. The less expensive ones are hung on a 16" tall T-bar and I
use a smaller T-bar for stretch bracelets. I also have a revolving
earring rack (also from FMG) that holds up to 64 pairs of earrings
(depending on the size of the card). There's also a 9" x 12" picture
frame with wire mesh attached that I use for fancy earrings.

Now, I haven't done a lot of shows/fairs and I don't even have enough
pieces to fill all 12 trays But I can fit the trays and the earring
rack into the carrying case along with a large table cloth. And there's
a pocket for carrying little ziploc bags, my business cards, etc. The
T-bars, frame, and a mirror go into a canvas bag.

Anything I have that didn't come from FMG came from a local place (I'm
in Chicago) that sells jewelry display stuff wholesale.

Cheers,
Carla

p.s. Congrats, by the way, on your successful party!

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

..
..
..
..

Old May 8th 04, 12:57 AM
Carla

It's called Koam Enterprises, at 4912 N. Lincoln. The phone number is
773-907-8197.

I have no affiliation with them, other than being a satisfied customer

Cheers,
Carla

Carla wrote:

[...]

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
..

.
.
..
.
.

Old May 8th 04, 01:03 AM
Marisa2

Thanks!!!

We will probably go this weekend!

At very least it will give me an idea of what I am looking at.

marisa2

Old May 8th 04, 03:58 AM
Carla

I'm not sure what their weekend hours are like, other than they're not
open on Sundays. Be sure to call first

Cheers,
Carla

Old May 8th 04, 04:50 PM
mjoann

Marisa2 wrote:
So, are these not exactly the same as the more expensive ones?

Marisa2

They are the exactly the same as their Rio Grande counterparts, but the
cheaper styles in general are not as nice as the more expensive styles
in general on either site. (Which kind of goes without saying!)

mjoann

Old May 10th 04, 09:41 PM
Marisa2

Carla,

Thanks for the tip!

DH took me there today.

Their hours btw are 8:30 - 8:30 Monday-Thursday, 8:30 - 12:00 Saturday,
and (I am not sure about this) 8:30 - 6:00 Friday (??)

I have a feeling I should've haggled but I don't know how. She did give
me $2 off a necklace stand thing. I got the grey bag with 12 plastic
trays, 9 velvet tray liners, 3 leatherette (?) bracelet tray liners, a
box of pins, and a necklace stand for $79. Probably more then I
should've paid but I got them all right away and didn't have to get a
minimum order of 36 of anything .

Now I have to play with them... I am sure by the time I am done I will
decide I need another case full.
The good thing is, I haven't spent all I made at the house party!
(Well, If I don't count the cost of materials or anything in what I
"made" ).

Marisa2

Carla wrote:

It's called Koam Enterprises, at 4912 N. Lincoln. The phone number
is 773-907-8197.

I have no affiliation with them, other than being a satisfied
customer

Cheers,
Carla

ONE OF A KIND JEWELRY INTRODUCTION. alia Beads 8 November 7th 05 04:04 PM
Steel shot tumbling question bluemaxx Beads 53 December 5th 03 09:12 AM
Lark Books Call For Artists: Found Object Jewelry Tink Beads 0 October 21st 03 11:35 PM
Bead and jewelry site. Mary Ann Beads 6 October 20th 03 04:11 AM
Found object jewelry (as requested) Dr. Sooz Beads 4 October 7th 03 06:37 AM