OT pain? energy drain? any gain? was--- Not fair, but hey

Old September 21st 03, 06:27 PM
Dr. Sooz

Default OT pain? energy drain? any gain? was--- Not fair, but hey

Sooz, are you like me, weighing everything by what it will cost in pain?
Yeah -- I measure everything. I also become afraid/apprehensive when something
I know will sap my strength is on the horizon, like a big family dinner --
something I *want* to do, but I know what it will do to me, too.

Right now, the big thing going on is DD's Halloween Show, in which I
volunteed to be stage manager last year. They want me to do it again, but
last year's show cost me two weeks in bed.

Yikes! I can relate! Just say "No"!

Today's pain debt should be low: all we did is go out to dinner locally.
Tomorrow will be a lot higher: Have to replace yet another pair of DD's
glasses (she's paying, but I still have to drive to Costco), drop off my
donation pieces for the auction.

Oh yeah -- I know.
Yesterday we did a 50th anniversary luncheon, which went well and didn't
absolutely kill kill kill me. We drove (I drive) to downtown Oakland (sailed
right by the BABE location and waved hi to it!), decided to just give up and
park in the big parking garage, when POOF! --A parking spot, right across the
street from the luncheon! Wow! The luncheon went okay. Afterward we planned
to drop off some things at home and go shoe shopping.

Of course, that was ditched as soon as I relaxed at home and weighed the energy
costs. Crawled into bed and watched a pay-per-view movie happily with DH.

Today is shoe shopping! Yayyy!! Shoes shoes shoes!

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old September 21st 03, 10:04 PM
Beth

yes! This is why I stick around! You all understand!!!!! I've been in bed
and just able to crawl to the kitchen for the last couple days... had an eye
exam on thurs that triggered a 3 day migraine (light) and then my ptdd was
here going over details of her 18-days-from-now wedding (which I foolishly
volunteered to do the flowers for) which reminded me I don't have a
dress....aydiosmio! the list goes on and on....And, of course DH is out of
town till monday, so I'm all alone and feeling like crap! Oh well, I
usually just sleep when I get like this, though.
I call them Energy Credits. You only have so many per day and some of them
go to necessary stuff like showering and so on... you have do plan out your
credit spending before you get out of bed in the morning.

Hang in there...... We'll all make it ..... together!!!!
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
[...]

"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old September 22nd 03, 05:29 PM
Deirdre S.

Sorry your Energy Credits are so limited...

The migraine on top of all the rest sounds like a real bear.

Deirdre

Old September 22nd 03, 07:59 PM
laura

Gosh, I spent *years* like this-- I was totally unable to make plans because
I never knew how horrible I was going to feel at any given time. This
affected my life to such a point that I was terrified of my own wedding day!

I could never get a definitive answer from anyone about what was actually
wrong with me, just some thoughts about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and a few
other mysterious disorders which my insurance at the time wouldn't pay for
me to be tested for. When I finally got serious about the CPTSD and dealing
with the effects of stress on my body, I slowly started to feel somewhat
better. Nowadays I still get fatigue, but it is not quite as debilitating
as it used to be.

I hope you will find something to help you-- pain and fatigue like this is
horrible to live with

Laura

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
[...]

Awwwww, hope the day went okay and you got nice shoes. Shoes for Sooz, hehe

~~
Sooz
-------

Old September 24th 03, 05:56 PM
Dr. Sooz

Everything I do has a price. It's a rotten way to live.

You can say that again. It could make a person bitter. (COULD)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old September 24th 03, 07:47 PM
Deirdre S.

:-( Sorry! I wish the artists who are up against this kind of
physical limitation could partner with someone who loves the work, and
could sit at a table *without* a high price in pain, and represent
them.

Deirdre

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 04:27:34 GMT, Barbara Otterson
wrote:

Everything I do has a price. It's a rotten way to live.

Barbara
Dream Master