What to do what to do

Old January 21st 11, 12:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default What to do what to do

It is yet another no school/snow day here in Londonderry. Good thing I gave
in and bought DD those "fashion" boots she wanted.

So, DS is at his buddy's house sleeping off another night of playing video
games until 4 AM.

DD and the birds are asleep

DH had no work today anyway, he's asleep.

Me - the tea's steeping and I have a silly book to read and my stitching to
keep me going!

Cheryl

Old January 21st 11, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 1/21/11 7:14 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

It is yet another no school/snow day here in Londonderry. Good thing I gave
in and bought DD those "fashion" boots she wanted.

I have a couple of large mesh NP learning kits - would you like me to send
you one for DD? (Although thematically they're in keeping with the
nicknames)

So, DS is at his buddy's house sleeping off another night of playing video
games until 4 AM.

Doesn't he go back to school soon????

DD and the birds are asleep

DH had no work today anyway, he's asleep.

Me - the tea's steeping and I have a silly book to read and my stitching to
keep me going!

Cheryl

Yeah for you - enjoy the peace while you can. And the silly book. Hit the
library yesterday - got my own share of light reading. And picked up my
Inter-Library Loan reference book - very interesting. I needed to see the
book before spending $75 (min on Amazon) - the library had it through
e-library - but it had all the images suppressed (a copyright thing as
they're from museums, etc). So, had to get a real copy - and the first one
came defaced with a big swastika marked on the covers - so the library folks
returned it to the lender. It's a book on Jewish Religious Icons & History
applied to Modern Europe - basically art, symbols and history. Very
academic - interesting so far. The art work is stuff that is rarely seen -
some from before the middle ages. But, hey - at least I've now seen
illustrations in 12th century woodcuts of "blood libel."

The snow missed us - woo hoo. But it's cold out - about 15 here with the
wind, 28 air. Tonight it's supposed to be single digits - ugh.

But we had not-too-early (7:45) breakfast together, DH off to work, I'm
catching up on some things (laundry & bills) then off to my beauty errand
(getting my eyebrows threaded), and then back home to stitch on the next
teaching piece. And apply for more jobs.

I think that all the drugs finally kicked in, and I can feel the bronchitis
receded - yeah. So, you enjoy your day.....

Ellice

Old January 21st 11, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jan 21, 9:46*am, "Ellice K." wrote:
On 1/21/11 7:14 AM, in article ,

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
It is yet another no school/snow day here in Londonderry. Good thing I gave
in and bought DD those "fashion" boots she wanted.

The snow missed us - woo hoo. *But it's cold out - about 15 here with the
wind, 28 air. *Tonight it's supposed to be single digits - ugh.

Schools here started out with 2 hour delays, but 7 am they were
canceling.

I spent 45 minutes this am shoveling the driveway and steps....about 4
inches, at least where it hadn't drifted. Started at 19 (wind chill
4) at
6 am, down to 14/15 (wind chill about 0), but the sun is out!!!

But we had not-too-early (7:45) breakfast together, DH off to work, I'm
catching up on some things (laundry & bills) then off to my beauty errand
(getting my eyebrows threaded), and then back home to stitch on the next
teaching piece. *And apply for more jobs.

Taking DM for her hair appt. then hopefully get a few more stitches
done on Fractal 53, almost halfway done with page 4. But then page 4
is about a third of page 3.

I think that all the drugs finally kicked in, and I can feel the bronchitis
receded - yeah. So, you enjoy your day.....

Drugs kicking in do help. Hope you are feeling better.

Nancy
Old January 22nd 11, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/21/11 9:46 AM, in article , "Ellice
K." wrote:

On 1/21/11 7:14 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

It is yet another no school/snow day here in Londonderry. Good thing I gave
in and bought DD those "fashion" boots she wanted.

I have a couple of large mesh NP learning kits - would you like me to send
you one for DD? (Although thematically they're in keeping with the
nicknames)

OK!

So, DS is at his buddy's house sleeping off another night of playing video
games until 4 AM.

Doesn't he go back to school soon????

Next weekend!

[...]

Oh dear - it kills me when someone defaces a book. But that is not light
reading!
The snow missed us - woo hoo. But it's cold out - about 15 here with the
wind, 28 air. Tonight it's supposed to be single digits - ugh.

7F here at 9 AM

But we had not-too-early (7:45) breakfast together, DH off to work, I'm
catching up on some things (laundry & bills) then off to my beauty errand
(getting my eyebrows threaded), and then back home to stitch on the next
teaching piece. And apply for more jobs.

I think that all the drugs finally kicked in, and I can feel the bronchitis
receded - yeah. So, you enjoy your day.....

Hurrah!

Cheryl

Old January 23rd 11, 02:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 1/21/2011 9:46 AM, Ellice K. wrote:

I think that all the drugs finally kicked in, and I can feel the bronchitis
receded - yeah. So, you enjoy your day.....

Ellice

Glad you're on the mend. *Everyone* around here (Baltimore) is coughing,
and a nasty cold that takes weeks for post nasal drip/gunk to clear
up...lots of laryngitis, too. I've been coughing for a few weeks, but I
have to be past the point of contagion by now. Fisherman's Friends is
fast becoming my best friend!

Glad the snow missed us. Schools were two hours late the other day,
which means I technically can be late to work, but since I live less
than a block away, there's no real excuse! (And it's not like there's
less work to do, there would just be less time in which to do it!)

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old January 23rd 11, 12:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/22/11 9:12 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 1/21/2011 9:46 AM, Ellice K. wrote:

I think that all the drugs finally kicked in, and I can feel the bronchitis
receded - yeah. So, you enjoy your day.....

Ellice

Glad you're on the mend. *Everyone* around here (Baltimore) is coughing,
and a nasty cold that takes weeks for post nasal drip/gunk to clear
up...lots of laryngitis, too. I've been coughing for a few weeks, but I
have to be past the point of contagion by now. Fisherman's Friends is
fast becoming my best friend!

Isn't that stuff great - taste is iffy but it works. Another thing to try,
if you're strong of will, is Sinus Blaster. It's homeopathic remedy for
clogged sinuses. Active ingredient is capsicum and it stings like mad at
first, but it does the job.

Old January 23rd 11, 08:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 1/21/11 11:32 AM, in article
, "Nancy"

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
It is yet another no school/snow day here in Londonderry. Good thing I gave
in and bought DD those "fashion" boots she wanted.

The snow missed us - woo hoo. *But it's cold out - about 15 here with the
wind, 28 air. *Tonight it's supposed to be single digits - ugh.

Schools here started out with 2 hour delays, but 7 am they were
canceling.

I spent 45 minutes this am shoveling the driveway and steps....about 4
inches, at least where it hadn't drifted. Started at 19 (wind chill
4) at
6 am, down to 14/15 (wind chill about 0), but the sun is out!!!

I feel for you - sorry about the shoveling. It's sunny, bright and cold
here. I do recall those Pgh winters.

But we had not-too-early (7:45) breakfast together, DH off to work, I'm
catching up on some things (laundry & bills) then off to my beauty errand
(getting my eyebrows threaded), and then back home to stitch on the next
teaching piece. *And apply for more jobs.

Taking DM for her hair appt. then hopefully get a few more stitches
done on Fractal 53, almost halfway done with page 4. But then page 4
is about a third of page 3.

Hey, still progress - never minimize ;^)

I think that all the drugs finally kicked in, and I can feel the bronchitis
receded - yeah. So, you enjoy your day.....

Drugs kicking in do help. Hope you are feeling better.

Nancy

Thanks a bunch. Yup - the drugs help - not sure this sounds right, but....

Ellice

Old January 23rd 11, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 1/22/11 9:12 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 1/21/2011 9:46 AM, Ellice K. wrote:

I think that all the drugs finally kicked in, and I can feel the bronchitis
receded - yeah. So, you enjoy your day.....

Ellice

Glad you're on the mend. *Everyone* around here (Baltimore) is coughing,
and a nasty cold that takes weeks for post nasal drip/gunk to clear
up...lots of laryngitis, too. I've been coughing for a few weeks, but I
have to be past the point of contagion by now. Fisherman's Friends is
fast becoming my best friend!

Thanks. Not too bad around here WRT the coughing. I think that was a
couple of weeks ago, but OTOH, I haven't been out that much with not wanting
to be contaged again, etc. DH actually keeps a bowl of Ricola on his
nightstand - sucking on them every night. Even made me get the sugar free
ones so it wouldn't hurt his teeth when he's using them post "into bed teeth
already brushed" time. We buy a 6 pack at Costco - they're his semi-best
friend.

Glad the snow missed us. Schools were two hours late the other day,
which means I technically can be late to work, but since I live less
than a block away, there's no real excuse! (And it's not like there's
less work to do, there would just be less time in which to do it!)

sue

Yup - feel that. We were glad not to get a big snow - it'll probably come
soon. Who knows - it's winter. Nice that you're so close to work, and it's
a good thing.

Happy stitchin'
Ellice

Old January 23rd 11, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 1/23/11 7:04 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 1/22/11 9:12 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 1/21/2011 9:46 AM, Ellice K. wrote:

I think that all the drugs finally kicked in, and I can feel the bronchitis
receded - yeah. So, you enjoy your day.....

Ellice

Glad you're on the mend. *Everyone* around here (Baltimore) is coughing,
and a nasty cold that takes weeks for post nasal drip/gunk to clear
up...lots of laryngitis, too. I've been coughing for a few weeks, but I
have to be past the point of contagion by now. Fisherman's Friends is
fast becoming my best friend!

Isn't that stuff great - taste is iffy but it works. Another thing to try,
if you're strong of will, is Sinus Blaster. It's homeopathic remedy for
clogged sinuses. Active ingredient is capsicum and it stings like mad at
first, but it does the job.

Haven't tried the Sinus Blaster. But my doc has insisted that I do nasal
irrigation - with the aerosol Saline stuff. Not pleasant but does help.
*snip*

DH is off at a rink, skated this morning a double of U-19 girls, and U-16
youth (bands) - then back after a 2 hr break for AAA Bantams. I wasn't
going to go freeze to watch these games - or risk worsening the bronchitis
aftereffects.

But, we're actually going out tonight for dinner at "Passion Fish" - in
Reston. It's Restaurant Week in DC, which means that a bunch of restaurants
sign up and do fixed price Lunch & Dinner menus - at much less than the norm
(around here). I resisted going to West End Bistro - the newest Eric Ripert
restaurant ('cause we'd have to really dress & go into town), but had been
wanting to hit this seafood place, which just got the #1 seafood in town
rating. I'm sure Donna has been there - so this is our splurge for a while.

Now, back to laundry, & stitching.

Ellice