print to fabirc?

Old July 27th 03, 06:47 PM
Kathy

Default print to fabirc?

NeonJesus wrote in message . ..
howdy,

could someone recommend a decent printer (inkjet) for printing
pictures on fabirc?

thnx,
nina's husband

I think you can use any printer for printing on fabric. The secret is
that you have to first iron your fabric onto a piece of freezer paper.
I used Reynold's freezer paper, which I purchased at the supermarket.
You place your fabric against the waxed side, then iron. After this,
you have to cut it to your printer's paper size, standard 8-1/2" by
11" or whatever other paper size you are using. However, my problem
has been that you cannot find permenant ink cartridges for every
printer, or your design runs when wet. My printer is an hp psc 750xi.
Hope this helps, Kathy
Old July 27th 03, 07:29 PM
Pat Kight

Kathy wrote:
NeonJesus wrote in message . ..

howdy,

could someone recommend a decent printer (inkjet) for printing
pictures on fabirc?

thnx,
nina's husband

I think you can use any printer for printing on fabric. The secret is
that you have to first iron your fabric onto a piece of freezer paper.
I used Reynold's freezer paper, which I purchased at the supermarket.
You place your fabric against the waxed side, then iron. After this,
you have to cut it to your printer's paper size, standard 8-1/2" by
11" or whatever other paper size you are using. However, my problem
has been that you cannot find permenant ink cartridges for every
printer, or your design runs when wet. My printer is an hp psc 750xi.
Hope this helps, Kathy

I was in OfficeMax last week and noticed that HP now makes fabric
rectangles (100% cotton) especially for use with standard
(non-permanent) ink-jet ink. The cloth is prebound to a paper backing
that you peel away after printing. If I recall correctly, the package
mentioned ironing the finished image to set the ink - I presume that
means the fabric itself is permeated with something that sets the ink
when heat is applied.

--
Pat Kight