A question a fusible bonding

Old May 29th 11, 12:49 PM
Craftymum Craftymum is offline
Junior Member

Location: Australia
Default A question a fusible bonding

Hey all,

What would you do in my situation?

I am working on a childrens item that will need to stand up to alot of wear and tear. I am applique'ing 100% cotton onto minky (100% poleyster) the minky cannot be ironed. Do you think quilting spray is fine or do you still recommend some sort of visoflex?

please help.

Thank you
Old May 30th 11, 07:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 29/05/2011 12:49, Craftymum wrote:
Hey all,

What would you do in my situation?

I am working on a childrens item that will need to stand up to alot of
wear and tear. I am applique'ing 100% cotton onto minky (100% poleyster)
the minky cannot be ironed. Do you think quilting spray is fine or do
you still recommend some sort of visoflex?

please help.

Thank you

There is a cooler iron low melt point Bondaweb Wunder-Under product that
might suit if you really want it, but I would say that if you use a
spray base, stitch the pieces down really well round the edges, and use
some pattern of quilting across the pieces as well, it should be fine
for many washes.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Fusing Question - decals, glassline pens, fusible papers Lori Golden Glass 0 February 8th 07 04:57 PM
rose wallhanging/fusible question quilter Quilting 10 December 31st 06 08:08 PM
question re fusible quilter Quilting 3 November 11th 06 10:53 PM
Fusing or bonding different sheets of metal together? (melting?) Joe Jewelry 6 January 14th 05 05:28 AM
question about fusible batting again Mystified One Quilting 7 August 25th 04 08:43 PM