Newbie with a ribber, keeps jamming! Please help

Old October 31st 04, 09:32 PM
steel breeze

Default Newbie with a ribber, keeps jamming! Please help

Hello!

I just bought a ribber today, I've wanted one for ages, it's a Brother
KR850. I'm trying to set the machine up for 2 x 2 rib, and can follow the
instructions until "slide the carriages across the bed and check there are
no jams". They always jam about 2" in from the right. What am I doing wrong?

If anyone's got any ideas I'd be glad to hear them - I promised my sister
lots of little jumpers for the nephew, but the way it's going I shall have
to go down to Gap again !

ttfn

Jane

Old October 31st 04, 11:04 PM
David Toft

In article , steel breeze
writes
Hello!

I just bought a ribber today, I've wanted one for ages, it's a Brother
KR850. I'm trying to set the machine up for 2 x 2 rib, and can follow the
instructions until "slide the carriages across the bed and check there are
no jams". They always jam about 2" in from the right. What am I doing wrong?

If anyone's got any ideas I'd be glad to hear them - I promised my sister
lots of little jumpers for the nephew, but the way it's going I shall have
to go down to Gap again !

ttfn

Jane

Check the sponge bar on the main bed
--
David Toft
Old October 31st 04, 11:28 PM
steel breeze

"David Toft" wrote in message
In article , steel breeze
writes
Hello!

I just bought a ribber today, I've wanted one for ages, it's a Brother
KR850. I'm trying to set the machine up for 2 x 2 rib, and can follow the
instructions until "slide the carriages across the bed and check there are
no jams". They always jam about 2" in from the right. What am I doing
wrong?

If anyone's got any ideas I'd be glad to hear them - I promised my sister
lots of little jumpers for the nephew, but the way it's going I shall have
to go down to Gap again !

ttfn

Jane

Check the sponge bar on the main bed

Hmm... it seems ok, I guess I could swap in another one I've got. Thanks for
the tip, I'll give it a go!

Old November 1st 04, 11:33 PM
knitk

Take a look at the needle bar on the main bed. If this is worn the
needles will jam when the ribber is conected.

When setting up the needles for the 2 x 2 make sure you are set on 5
and P. Set up the needles, the rack to 4 and move slide to H, take
a look at the needle and see if you need to bring up any extra
needles. Cast on with Zig zag and work 3 circular rows, transfer any
stitches that you have borrowed, slide back to P and rack back to 5,
continue knitting.

I hope this has helped.

Kath Coventry UK

Old November 2nd 04, 03:11 AM
mejane

Along with all the other great suggestions, here is mine. I
had a problem last time I moved and had to take apart and
put back together my machine. Somehow I did not get them on
even and the space between the top bed and the bottom bed
was not even. Check that there is about a quarter inch
evenly spaced between the two beds.

Jane in Toronto

wrote:

Hello!

I just bought a ribber today, I've wanted one for ages, it's a Brother
KR850. I'm trying to set the machine up for 2 x 2 rib, and can follow the
instructions until "slide the carriages across the bed and check there are
no jams". They always jam about 2" in from the right. What am I doing wrong?

If anyone's got any ideas I'd be glad to hear them - I promised my sister
lots of little jumpers for the nephew, but the way it's going I shall have
to go down to Gap again !

ttfn

Jane

Intro and newbie question *~Candygrrl~* Beads 26 September 21st 04 06:04 PM
newbie needs help on simple question Beowulf Pottery 13 March 18th 04 11:54 PM
stupid newbie question on kiln firing Beowulf Pottery 10 December 18th 03 03:32 AM
ribber combs reltuc Machine Knit 0 September 25th 03 02:38 PM
Knitking bulky punchcard with ribber kt Machine Knit 1 September 20th 03 02:27 PM