Newgroups question

Old January 26th 05, 03:04 AM
nbhilyard

Default Newgroups question

I was out of town for ten days. When I logged into RCTQ this evening I
found 1247 unread messages. They began January 10 and went through January
12. the next set of messages begins January 23. I know you guys well enough
that you were not silent for 10 days.

What gives?

(I get RCTQ thru GigaNews, if that makes a difference.)

Nann

Old January 26th 05, 03:14 AM
maryd

Did you download all headers?

--
Mary
"nbhilyard" wrote in message
: I was out of town for ten days. When I logged into RCTQ this evening I
: found 1247 unread messages. They began January 10 and went through
January
: 12. the next set of messages begins January 23. I know you guys well
enough
: that you were not silent for 10 days.
:
: What gives?
:

Old January 26th 05, 03:23 AM
Polly Esther

You caught us, Nann. We all had our knickers in a knot and weren't speaking
to each other. Polly

"maryd" wrote: I know you guys well

Old January 26th 05, 03:46 AM
Carolyn McCarty

*snorfle* As if any of us could be quiet for that long!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

ink.net...

Old January 26th 05, 05:25 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
SHHHH! Don't tell what we were talking about.
Taking off for 10 days, indeed! Sheesh!

Ragmop/Sandy--wondering if your isp won't download more
than 1247 messages at a time...

Old January 26th 05, 07:22 AM
nzlstar

well now, truth be told we were all rather uh, well busy, doing stuff ya
know, just stuff, nothing real special, a bit of sewing now and then, not
much really, just hanging around doing 'stuff'
have you done a really good check on your stash? )
smirk
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"nbhilyard" wrote...

Old January 26th 05, 11:24 AM
AliceW

We were on a 10 day stash raid. Did you check your stash???? Missing
anything?

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

Old January 26th 05, 07:34 PM
Pat in Virginia

We *were* on our way to raid YOUR stash. Wendy was
driving her frood stash mobile; Diana Curtis was
Navigator. Unfortunately, Diana got us lost. We
ended up in Mississippi instead. Had some Gator
Stew, but couldn't get past that Yorkie to raid
the Stash! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
PAT in VA/USA

Old January 26th 05, 07:42 PM
Diana Curtis

*I* got us lost?? Who was it kept telling Wendy to stop when ever we saw a
LQS?? Hmmm???
Besides... you said you wanted to go to Mississippi, didnt you? I was
sure.... hmmm
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 26th 05, 07:51 PM
frood

Don't make me stop this car again. Diana, turn the map over, dear. Pat, I
told you to go before we left that last LQS. Just because I've got 10
cupholders doesn't mean you can drink coffee non-stop on a road trip!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply