What do you call it?

Old August 24th 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruthann Biel

Default What do you call it?

I have a thread catcher device that looks sorta like this one at Nordic Needle.

http://www.nordicneedle.com/PROD/E00-00-00/6756.html

What was the original, made with metal hearts, called? Anyone remember?
It was a catchy name that has left my brain.

--
Ruthann Biel | Mother, Unschooler, Stitcher, Music Lover.
|-------------------------------------------
Old August 24th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Ruthann Biel" wrote in message
I have a thread catcher device that looks sorta like this one at Nordic
Needle.

http://www.nordicneedle.com/PROD/E00-00-00/6756.html

What was the original, made with metal hearts, called? Anyone remember?
It was a catchy name that has left my brain.

--
Ruthann Biel | Mother, Unschooler, Stitcher, Music Lover.
|-------------------------------------------
+1 916 381 4205 | Sacramento California USA

I think it's called a "dololly?"

Lucille

Old August 24th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruthann Biel[_2_]

That's it. Thanks. All I could think of was thing-a-ma-jig, and that was not t
he correct name.

Old August 25th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 8/24/08 2:59 PM, "Ruthann Biel" wrote:

I have a thread catcher device that looks sorta like this one at Nordic
Needle.

http://www.nordicneedle.com/PROD/E00-00-00/6756.html

What was the original, made with metal hearts, called? Anyone remember?
It was a catchy name that has left my brain.

A DooLolly. The woman who made them died a few years back. Then, IIRC, her
husband and someone else (daughter, sister) was making them again. But,
they've stopped. However, you can get an expensive version from Compucraft
- costs about $5, has a little resin star on top - pretty much works. And
some other designer has been making sterling silver sets that are very
similar to the Doololly - costing around $30 for the needle threader and
thread catcher. I've only seen them as the set, and we had them in the
shop, but I can't remember the company name. If I do, I'll post it.

Ellice

Old August 25th 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

ellice wrote:
[...]

Good heavens! I just use a very fine steel crochet hook. No expense at
all - or,rather,very little as I got most of my steel hooks from estate
sales.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.
Old August 25th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 8/24/08 11:11 PM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

[...]

I have the "star detailer" - its a handy thing. I think I paid around $5 for
it. The expensive ones are lovely, but I'll stick to what I have unless I
find one with a ladybug.
Cheryl

Old August 25th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Olwyn Mary wrote:
ellice wrote:

[...]

An ort of thread looped through a tapestry needle works very well, too.
As do those needle threaders with the rounded tops.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old August 26th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 8/25/08 12:20 AM, "Olwyn Mary" wrote:

ellice wrote:
[...]

I have a really teeny crochet hook in my stitching kit that goes everywhere.
But, the dololly was actually a great tool, and finer.

Ellice

Old August 26th 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

wrote:

[...]

He that's it - the star detailer. I keep bending them. Oh, well.

Ellice

Old August 26th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

ellice wrote:
[...]

Finer then a steel size 13 or 14 crochet hook? That I think would be
equivalent to about a size 14 tapestry needle.

Lucille

Last Call Terbear Quilting 8 November 3rd 05 11:09 PM
what do you call/where do you buy Kellie J. Berger Quilting 16 September 8th 05 08:22 PM
Last call!! Last call!! Queen of Squishies Quilting 6 April 19th 04 10:33 PM
Call for help... BEI Design Sewing 5 January 26th 04 06:47 PM
To Call or Not to Call Susie Jordan Needlework 17 September 30th 03 04:47 PM