I found it's name!

Old March 13th 04, 01:26 AM
Debra

Default I found it's name!

I've been looking for the name for my quilt for awhile. I finally
found it! I'm so happy the name is just as pretty as the quilt
itself. The twin size quilt top my grandma made for me so many years
ago and mom recently quilted for me is called Rose Dream. I can now
make a label for it. Yippee!

On mine the background is all white, the footballs and little squares
are red on some blocks and sky blue turquoise on others. They were
put together so you see rings of red and blue on a white background.
There are three borders around the outside, one is a red gingham
fabric that is also used for the quilt back, and a blue gingham one,
and the other is the same solid blue used in the blocks.

For those who would like to know what the blocks look like it is in 2
books.
The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt in America, page 100, number 9
The Collector's Dictionary of Quilt Names and Patterns, page401, top
left corner.

By the way, can I embroider the label on a piece of the left over red
gingham? Or should I piece a little embroidered muslin label with the
gingham as a frame? I'd rather use only the gingham if it would be
ok.

Debra in VA
Old March 13th 04, 01:35 AM
Judie Luisi

Debra,

It's your quilt, you get to make all the decisions so do what *you* want!
There's just no "wrong" way!

Judie....Penfield, NY

Old March 13th 04, 02:00 AM
Maine-iac Rose

I agree with Judie, do it any which way that you want, not rules gonna keep
you from doing what you want.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns and add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.

Old March 13th 04, 02:29 AM
Polly Esther

The label, if on gingham, would be so hard to read. Could I persuade you to
do it on muslin and frame it in the gingham? Of course it is your quilt and
you can do what pleases you but .... Polly

Old March 13th 04, 04:48 AM
Debra

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 02:29:34 GMT, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

The label, if on gingham, would be so hard to read. Could I persuade you to
do it on muslin and frame it in the gingham? Of course it is your quilt and
you can do what pleases you but .... Polly

I was worried about the same thing. I was just thinking that it would
be nice if the label fabric was as vintage as the quilt fabric. It's
red and white small print gingham and I was thinking about using a DMC
floss in a color that matches the solid blue fabric for the wording.
What do you think?
Debra in VA
Old March 13th 04, 04:50 AM
Debra

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 01:35:53 GMT, Judie Luisi
wrote:

Debra,

It's your quilt, you get to make all the decisions so do what *you* want!
There's just no "wrong" way!

Judie....Penfield, NY

Perhaps not wrong, but some ways will look better than others. I just
need a little help in what would look best. I don't want to mess up a
masterpiece with a yucky amateurish label.
Debra in VA
Old March 13th 04, 04:51 AM
Debra

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:00:10 -0500, "Maine-iac Rose"
wrote:

I agree with Judie, do it any which way that you want, not rules gonna keep
you from doing what you want.

Maine-iac Rose

I just want it to be a good label for the quilt. Like a real pro
would make, not an amateur.
Debra in VA
Old March 13th 04, 12:03 PM
Christina Doucette

Maybe this is ti for those of us who need a visual?

http://www.iejodie.com/rose_dream.html

Can you confirm this Debra?

Thanks,

--
Christina Doucette
http://community.webshots.com/user/christinark

Old March 13th 04, 04:03 PM
Debra

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 07:03:08 -0500, "Christina Doucette"
wrote:

Maybe this is ti for those of us who need a visual?

http://www.iejodie.com/rose_dream.html

Can you confirm this Debra?

Thanks,

That's it.
And a close up of the pattern can be seen here.
http://www.ardcotemplates.com/rdw.shtml
Debra in VA

I found these cool beaded pens... Tinkster Beads 0 November 22nd 04 07:38 PM
Dont bother; GoldMine at Home is a sham [was: Osama Bin Ladin Found Hanged Abby Garcia Doll Houses 0 September 7th 04 04:27 AM
Is this necklace I found worth anything? Jon B Jewelry 4 June 5th 04 07:41 PM
found a useful website eclectic Glass 0 April 20th 04 04:28 AM
Ad? I found this.. AmazeR Beads 1 February 2nd 04 02:29 AM