How on earth is this done?

Old August 30th 05, 08:14 PM
Pat P

Default How on earth is this done?

Someone just sent me this, and I just can`t see how it`s done - I wish I
could!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/fold.php

Pat P

Old August 30th 05, 11:08 PM
Rusty Hall

Note sure, I would go with the flip and fold.

Besides, I do not like my shirts folded that way.

Smirk,

Old August 30th 05, 11:15 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Wow! I gotta try that . . . if I can figure it out. :-)
Dianne

--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old August 31st 05, 12:30 AM
Joan E.

Pat P wrote:
Someone just sent me this, and I just can`t see how it`s done - I wish I
could!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/fold.php

Huh! It actually works! I had to sit in the same position as the
demonstrator and watch it about 20 times with a shirt in front of me
before I got the hang of it. I like my shirts folded in thirds
lengthwise, too, so tried and it worked that way, too (I folded the
bottom up to just below the armpits).

Let's see if I can explain... The trick is you keep the one hand (the
right hand is close to the armpit) covered by the shirt and hang on to
it inside. With the left hand crossed over, grab both layers (shoulder
& bottom), then, holding onto the shirt in both places, pull the inside
hand out, which pulls the shirt layers inside out. Continuing to hold
in both places, shake the wrinkles out and fold in half width-wise.
Voila!

I hope that makes sense!

Joan

Old August 31st 05, 12:37 AM
Carey N.

"Joan E." wrote in message
oups.com...

Pat P wrote:
[...]

I also got it to work, too, but from the opposite side as the demonstrator;
I was pulling the inside hand out and away from me, but folds turned out the
same. Guess I'll have to go back and try to get the folding length-wise way
into my head now, since you say it'll work.
--
Carey in MA

Old August 31st 05, 08:25 AM
vlerk

Pat P wrote:
Someone just sent me this, and I just can`t see how it`s done - I wish I
could!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/fold.php

Huh! It actually works! I had to sit in the same position as the
demonstrator and watch it about 20 times with a shirt in front of me
before I got the hang of it. I like my shirts folded in thirds
lengthwise, too, so tried and it worked that way, too (I folded the
bottom up to just below the armpits).
Joan

Yep, it works quite well! Had to change position several times when figuring
out.
Lately I was thinking of making instruction movie/animation, and this one
convinced me it should be done from the 'working point of view'.
Grea

Old September 1st 05, 03:38 AM
Charlene Charette

Pat P wrote:

Someone just sent me this, and I just can`t see how it`s done - I wish I
could!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/fold.php

Pat P

My husband can get it to work. As far as I'm concerned, it's magic.

--Charlene

--
Jock: A strapping young fellow who instinctively knows that his knack
for teamwork and disdain for academics will someday catapult him into

email perronnelle at earthlink . net
Old September 1st 05, 09:36 AM
Pat P

"Charlene Charette" wrote in message
ink.net...
Pat P wrote:

Someone just sent me this, and I just can`t see how it`s done - I wish I
could!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/fold.php

Pat P

My husband can get it to work. As far as I'm concerned, it's magic.

--Charlene

Obvious solution - get him to fold everything in future!!! LOL!

Pat P

Old September 1st 05, 02:51 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Pat P wrote:

My husband can get it to work. As far as I'm concerned, it's magic.

--Charlene

Obvious solution - get him to fold everything in future!!! LOL!

Pat P

I like the way your mind works!

I'm lucky to have a DH who does laundry - I sort and we both carry it
down and switch it throughout the day.

Sue

Ot earth Quake Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 7 February 14th 04 09:07 PM
FA: "Hearts" pillow counted x-stitch kit & "Glorious Earth" leaflet of x-stitch patterns Suezq Marketplace 0 October 22nd 03 12:32 AM
eBay: "Heart" counted x-stitch kit & "Glorious Earth" x-stitch patterns Suezq Marketplace 0 October 19th 03 07:32 PM
eBay: "Hearts" Counted cross-stitch kit & "Glorious Earth" x-stitch patterns Suezq Marketplace 0 September 17th 03 12:29 PM