Guild Meeting

Old April 27th 05, 06:59 PM
Tina

Default Guild Meeting

Well, I just came back from my first quilt guild meeting. It was very
interesting.

The speaker was about Cannibalized Quilting! She took blocks and cut
the blocks up in different ways/directions and then sewed the pieces of
blocks back together to create new kind of blocks. It was really cool.

And the friend that went with me, may be joining us here at RCTQ!

Hugs,
Tina

Old April 27th 05, 07:04 PM
frood

That's great! Sounds like an interesting program. How did the guild seem to
you? Friendly? My former guild was not the right match for me, and I found
another, that turns out to be closer. I love my guild! So much so, that I've
volunteered to head a committee for next year! Ulp!

I'm glad you had a good time, and I hope your friend does join us here. This
is the friendliest guild I've ever been to! ;-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

oups.com...

Old April 27th 05, 07:37 PM
Tina

Well Wendy, you kind of answered your question for me! LOL

This is the friendliest guild I've ever been to!

The ladies were nice - but not very friendly or outgoing I guess. They
all seem to have their own "group" and I guess it will just take a
while to get to know them. I guess I went in expecting everyone to be
like here! :-) Just belly up and share your QI's and your chocolate.
It wasn't quite like that.

But we'll see. I'll go again and give it a little while. They are all
mostly older women so I may have seemed like a "chillin" to them. LOL

My friend, Dawn, also wants to go to one of the bee's that are closer
to our neighborhood. I may do that with her and then I will get to
know more people and it will be a smaller, cozier environment.

In the meantime, I'll just keep stitchin here at home and asking my
questions and sharing with all of my wonderful RCTQ Guild here on the
WWW !!!!!!!!!

Tina

Old April 27th 05, 08:18 PM
Taria

Give them a chance. I know when I am at guild mtgs. I have a lot of
things to take care of. SOmetimes it doesn't give a lot of time to
chat til we break. My guild decided a good thing to do would be to have
a greeter. She is usually at the door with a smile and ready to make
everyone feel comfy. It is a great job for chatty members. When I
joined I really didn't feel like I fit in but as I got involved it
turned out fine.
I was under 40 when I joined the guild. They would tease about how I
got 'in' being so young. I like hanging out with the oldsters. They
are a bright group with more talent than I can ever imagine and they
are of an age where their expert advice is always handy. SOme of my
favorites have daughters my age. They are mostly dear women I am glad
to know.
Taria

Old April 27th 05, 09:29 PM

Hang in there, Tina. I have been in my guild for a little over a year,
and it has gotten better and better as I got to know everyone by name.
It took some time, some gals were standoffish, but I charmed them! 8^)
Most quilters looove to teach a newbie, if they go at it with enthusiasm
and a real willingness to listen and learn. We're all ages and love to
talk and laugh. I wish a had joined sooner. Nancycog in MD

Old April 27th 05, 09:36 PM
Tina

That's exactly how I feel Taria. I'm sure it will be just fine after
I've been to a few meetings. I prefer the older generation there,
especially when it comes to quilting. Wisdom is a precious commodity!

I had picked up a membership application and it asks on there if you
have any suggestions. I seriously considered writing in the suggestion
that they have a "greeter" of sorts to greet and welcome
newcomers/visitors, etc. It would make them feel more welcome I think.

Thanks for your input Taria, I'm not giving up on them! LOL

Tina

Old April 27th 05, 09:52 PM
Tina

Thanks Nancy! I'm definitely eager, so I don't think it will be a
problem. And I had fun anyway, WIDE eyed at all the pretty quilts and
cool techniques.

tina

Old April 27th 05, 09:56 PM
Pat in Virginia

Tina:
Find out when the 'club year' starts. Many
organizations start the 'club year' in September.
You might want to volunteer to be a Greeter. When
officers are elected, offer this idea to the new
chairman/president/coordinator/dictator-for-life
Maybe you could even get a blue vest, like the
Walmart Greeters have!!! LOL
PAT in VA/USA

UGHHH Guild Meeting Debbi Quilting 14 February 14th 05 01:35 PM
guild meeting last night DQLTS Quilting 0 February 11th 05 05:06 PM
Going to first guild meeting tonight! Karlee in Kansas Quilting 4 February 29th 04 01:00 AM
Attended quilt guild meeting Linda Moody Quilting 5 January 31st 04 04:27 PM
Guild Last Night Marcella Tracy Peek Quilting 3 August 22nd 03 01:49 AM