doll house wood supply

Old July 18th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses
JAV

Default doll house wood supply

I have been planing poplar wood down to 1/8" thickness for various projects,
and was wondering if this wood would be useful to the dollhouse maker or
collector. I have lengths from a few inches on up to 36" boards. The poplar
is very nice, lightweight, and the shades and tones vary. I even have some
specimens with the famous the green and purple streaks.

My question is, is this sort of thing of any value to the dollhouse
collector, and if so, where could I share my pictures?

One thing I don't want to do, is put it up on eBay, since that's what
everyone else does. Gets kind of crowded in that box after a while.

Thanks

Old July 19th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses
Dawn

JAV wrote:

My question is, is this sort of thing of any value to the dollhouse
collector, and if so, where could I share my pictures?

There are probably crafters who would be interested in such a thing. You
can always hang out your own shingle on the web. If you're patient and
act like a reputable business people will find you. Ebay's not a bad
place to put small auctions that will draw interest to your business
site. If you look around, you might find some craft-oriented auction
sites or places you can advertise inexpensively online.

Dawn

Old July 22nd 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses
JAV

Dawn,

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to stay away from eBay in the long term
because I think that it is not for the little guy anymore, as it once was. I
may list now and again on it, but not as a regular business. As for looking
around to find "some craft-oriented auction
sites" or places I you can advertise inexpensively online, that is what I
was hoping someone with experience here could refer me to.

I don't have a great deal of wood to offer, but thought it might be valuable
to the crafter to buy if I could supply the wood cheaper than wholesale. I
hope I don't seem too threatening to others doing the same.

Thanks again.

Old July 23rd 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses
Sans

Hello Jav,

By all means is your wood valuable! And to those of us who build our
miniature projects you are just the person we look for.

I volunteer teaching the making of dollhouse miniatures to a large
group of ladies in my town and have been fortunate to connect with a
local cabinet shop who gives us all the scrap wood we can use! The
scrap wood is beautiful! It's a shame they throw it away but I love
having access to the barrels for my group. I get 1/4 inch cabinet grade
plywood, mouldings, sticks, hardwood scraps, mdf, thick wood, thin
wood...any kind of wood!

The free wood enables me to cut the projects I design for my group and
save them money. Our group has even used the wood on dollhouses we
have given to local charitable organizations.

So Jav, why not ask at your local library or Chamber of Commerce if
there are any dollhouse miniature clubs or groups in the area. Give
them a call and you will be welcomed warmly for the free wood you have
to give them!!

Have a wonderful day!
Sans from Coastal Alabama

OT Whew... busy house today! MRH Yarn 6 June 8th 05 02:24 PM
HOW RUBBER STAMPS ARE MADE & how i made $$$ - I AM SELLING MY MACHINE AND METAL SHEETS Nintendo DS 4 Sale Rubberstamps 3 November 28th 04 01:28 PM
AUTHENTIC SANTA FE SW STYLE ADOBE MINIATURE DOLL HOUSE - relisted chriskoff Marketplace 0 June 1st 04 01:17 AM
You can find more than 200 different turkish style doll house rug dollhouserug Marketplace 0 March 17th 04 10:20 PM
Good vibes needed S. Burwash Beads 24 September 2nd 03 09:34 PM