Sponge bar for Brother KX 395

Old May 7th 10, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
MargeInReno

Default Sponge bar for Brother KX 395

On Mar 23, 7:28*am, e.sinnott
wrote:
Snip
I'm trying to help a friend out with her Brother Kx 395 convertible
knitting machine which is in bad need of a new sponge bar. Some years
ago we found one on an English site but nowadays nobody seems to sell
them anymore.

I'm pretty sure I got mine through Ileen Levy. http://www.ileen.com

If you're able to find one, I do have a tutorial up on my website for
how to get the sponge strip in easily.
http://www.mkdesigner.com/changespongestrip.html

Marge
Old February 10th 11, 04:37 PM
Grotty Garbo Grotty Garbo is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeInReno View Post
On Mar 23, 7:28*am, e.sinnott
wrote:
Snip
I'm trying to help a friend out with her Brother Kx 395 convertible
knitting machine which is in bad need of a new sponge bar. Some years
ago we found one on an English site but nowadays nobody seems to sell
them anymore.

Marge
Try Bedford Sewing and Knitting (England) They have an Ebay shop as well as a website. (Try BSK.co.uk)
Marion Bucks, England
Old February 12th 11, 09:06 AM
first be first be is offline
Junior Member

I'm trying to help a friend out with her Brother Kx 395 convertible knitting machine which is in bad need of a new sponge bar. Some years ago we found one on an English site but nowadays nobody seems to sell them anymore.
__________________
scarf | scarves
Old February 18th 11, 06:35 AM
Awebvodp Awebvodp is offline
Banned

SEX sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex
Old March 11th 11, 03:02 PM
JennyL JennyL is offline
Junior Member

Hi Marge, You are a life saver!! I have just posted a request on how to fit a sponge strip to an old Zippy 90...should have looked first! Your instructions look great and I will tell you if it works :-) I was told that the sponge strip that fits the LK150 also fits old Zippy90 and I managed to buy one form www.andeeknits.co.uk for about £6. Wish me luck!! Regards, Jenny
Old March 11th 11, 05:33 PM
JennyL JennyL is offline
Junior Member

Hi Marge, We haven't actually spoken yet, but I would like to send you my enormous thanks for your instructions of how to fit a new sponge brake to my Zippy 90. I took note of all you said and have fitted my new sponge bar and refitted all the needles took me 1.25 hours, but well worth it! and I am pleased to say huge success!!!! My dear ole Zippy 90 is knitting like a new machine again and we are going to have lots of fun together like we used to in the old days :-)

I almost threw it in the dustbin, but kept searching for a sponge bar. Andee Knits told me it used the same as the LK150.

Thanks again and best regards. Jennifer.

Sponge Bars EdwinHannay Machine Knit 1 October 22nd 05 08:14 AM
Sponge Bob fabric? SunnyQuilt Quilting 7 November 1st 04 01:55 AM
Garter Bar Sponge & Clips? SueJohnston Machine Knit 2 August 28th 04 01:39 AM
Sponge Bar Jackie Machine Knit 2 June 16th 04 10:52 PM
sponge Bat Square plates Cee White Pottery 0 August 21st 03 01:23 AM