OT - may have found the reason it's so hard to find "our" new home

Old September 9th 04, 02:42 AM
Helen C

Default OT - may have found the reason it's so hard to find "our" new home

Well, DH got a call back on a house we drove by that had a "for rent" sign.
Beautiful BIG house. Sounds like what is happening is: a group of people
are getting together, buying these big houses and renting them out. Of
course, for WAY more than we can ever afford. And no HUD. First, last &
deposit. (like we have that kind of money! $3600?)
AURGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't anyone ever do anything for the "little
guy"?

But, I'm still hopeful. I just know there's got to be one out there!
Somewhere. Maybe up in the woods, down a loooong driveway and surrounded by
trees? Doesn't even have to be pretty, just bigger! Can I just go find a
big cave in the mountains? Are there any of those left?

Enough whining! My problems, not yours. Just wanted to share. Time to get
away from this computer and do some damage control (and get dinner started)

Later all,

Helen C

Old September 9th 04, 03:22 AM
starlia

I know it seems like you'll never find it but something will come along.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old September 9th 04, 03:48 AM
JoAnn Paules

We looked for three years before we found our home. We even had it narrowed
down to the street/condo association. There are only 36 units. We preferred
one with a southern view (about 18 units). And we really wanted one that was
an end unit (6 units). Talk about narrowing the choices.

We got what we wanted - it just took time. And it was worth the time. It's
been 5 years and we still love it here.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Helen C" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old September 9th 04, 03:23 PM
Margie

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:42:20 -0700, "Helen C"
wrote:

But, I'm still hopeful. I just know there's got to be one out there!
Somewhere. Maybe up in the woods, down a loooong driveway and surrounded by
trees? Doesn't even have to be pretty, just bigger! Can I just go find a
big cave in the mountains? Are there any of those left?

You will find the right one, keep on keeping on hon!

--
Margie
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our

Old September 9th 04, 10:16 PM
Barbara Otterson

"Helen C" wrote in message
Well, DH got a call back on a house we drove by that had a "for rent"

sign.
Beautiful BIG house. Sounds like what is happening is: a group of people
are getting together, buying these big houses and renting them out. Of
course, for WAY more than we can ever afford. And no HUD. First, last &
deposit. (like we have that kind of money! $3600?)
AURGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't anyone ever do anything for the "little
guy"?

Well.........you could move to St. Louis. I have a house for rent.
Nice.
Secluded. Artist's studio in back yard. Willing to work with the "right"
person......

Old September 9th 04, 11:17 PM
Barbara Otterson

"~Candace~" wrote in message
om...
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* want details, woman!

2 + bedrooms, 1 and 1/2 baths. Main floor laundry. Woodburning stove
in the
front room. Oversize master bedroom with cathedral ceiling and open beams.
No basement. No garage. Large gardening shed. 12x16 free-standing studio
in backyard. Heated and a/c. 220 outlet for large kiln. Near bus line and
community college (which has a great sculpture studio!) House has
hot-water radiator heat (very cheap to operate) and central air with
hepa filtration. Oh, and extensive gardens that require a renter who
likes gardening.....850/mo.

Old September 9th 04, 11:33 PM
~Candace~

My first reaction is not suitable for print on a public forum. Would
someone just lift me out of the drool puddle every few minutes so I can
breathe?

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

"Barbara Otterson" wrote in message

om...

Old September 10th 04, 05:57 AM
Kaytee

In article , vj
writes:

you could move to St. Louis. I have a house for rent.
]Nice.
]Secluded. Artist's studio in back yard. Willing to work with the "right"
]person......

i'd snap it up, but i'd have to leave California.

Well, "the ranch" is available in Carrissa Plains..... 2BR, 1 1/2 bath... on a
40acre parcel (ya want a garden?-- fine, a dog run?-- fine, rifle practice
range?-- fine)... very "secluded".... genuine guinea intruder alarms... 800 gal
propane tank..... Possible studio (needs remodeling/repair work) behind
house....

Rent negotiable if you can "swing a hammer".
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com