what almost 6,000 pcs. looks like!

Old April 28th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default what almost 6,000 pcs. looks like!

I finished cutting out all the pcs. for my queen size Starflake Quilt.
Queen size - now THAT'S appropriate! LOL!

The quilt is planned for 56 starflakes.
Each starflake is made up of 4 blocks.
Each block has 26 pcs., assembled in 8 sections. Yes, each 1/4 starflake
has 26 pcs., assembled in 8 sections.

I had 23 different shapes to cut from 9 colors. They are each on a styro
place, labeled with the color, and section they go in.

And here's what it looks like......... almost 6,000 pcs.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hicall

My favorite cheer was Go, looney, go! LOL! I DID IT!!!!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
**************************
All of us are in the gutter,

Old April 28th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

What I want to know is if your cutting arm now looks like Popeye's???
(or is it just shorter than it used to be?)

YAY KAREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chipper

Old April 28th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Karen: I checked this very carefully with my
special, magical (!) ruler. I noticed that
EVERY blue stack is 1/8th short in BOTH
directions!! So, I guess you need to start
over. ;P
PAT, Queen of Everything

Old April 28th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

And they look so neat! Now, just don't sneeze.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:10:15 GMT, "Karen, Queen of Squishies"

Old April 28th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

No, I think my arm is okay. My neck may be asking for a visit to the
chiropractor, but the jury's still out on that.

Karen, very happy to have it done Queen of Squishies

Old April 28th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

And don't let the QIs anywhere near all that neatness!
(mine have little teeny horns under the fur by their little ears, and they
just hate 'neat'...)

Aren't you glad you don't have to do all that stitching with a Wilma
Flintstone machine?
(I have cartoons on the brain today, I guess...)

Old April 28th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

WOW! I am amazed, and what a beautiful quilt it will make. You are indeed
ambitious.

--
Boca Jan
Southern Florida - land of the hurricanes

Old April 28th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Fantastic achievement, Karen.
Now, as you have said so often to others:

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.
..
In message HEu4g.125316$oL.26909@attbi_s71, "Karen, Queen of
Squishies" writes
I finished cutting out all the pcs. for my queen size Starflake Quilt.
Queen size - now THAT'S appropriate! LOL!

The quilt is planned for 56 starflakes.
Each starflake is made up of 4 blocks.
Each block has 26 pcs., assembled in 8 sections. Yes, each 1/4 starflake
has 26 pcs., assembled in 8 sections.

I had 23 different shapes to cut from 9 colors. They are each on a styro
place, labeled with the color, and section they go in.

And here's what it looks like......... almost 6,000 pcs.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hicall

My favorite cheer was Go, looney, go! LOL! I DID IT!!!!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill