One block, two RCB'ers

Old May 24th 05, 02:18 AM
Lisa Caryl

Default One block, two RCB'ers

Hi everyone,
I have a new crazy quilt block finished that I wanted to share. You can see
it here, and it's the first pictu
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...765&uid=417596

I will be using it to cover the lid of a 7" square box.

While I'd love to take credit for everything in the block, I can't. Diana
Curtis. made the beautiful moon face (her own design!) in the upper left
area. It was the inspiration for the whole thing. Thanks Di :-). It wouldn't
have come to be without you.

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Old May 24th 05, 04:26 AM
marbles_2

WOW!!!! Those blocks are outstanding!! I am humbly in awe at all that
embroidery work and other embellishments that must have taken a million
jillion hours to complete. (And I must say, I've never thought of
putting spiders onto anything, but you did it well.) I watched the
whole slide show with my mouth hanging open. Good job....both of you!

Old May 24th 05, 04:33 AM
Butterfly

In case you have a problem deciding what to do with that Butterfly
Thingie-------

or should I write-----

If you send that Butterfly Thingie to me---I would be super delighted to
give it a very close inspection for a few years
It DOES have MY nomenclature on it

--
Butterfly (my snail mail is..
Impressive...yes, your site is Very Impressive indeed)

Old May 24th 05, 04:49 AM
Betsy Ross

Spectacular!

Susan

Old May 24th 05, 05:34 AM
pajaritaflora

Lisa Caryl wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have a new crazy quilt block finished that I wanted to share. You

can see
it here, and it's the first pictu
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...765&uid=417596

I will be using it to cover the lid of a 7" square box.

While I'd love to take credit for everything in the block, I can't.

Diana
Curtis. made the beautiful moon face (her own design!) in the upper

left
area. It was the inspiration for the whole thing. Thanks Di :-). It

wouldn't
have come to be without you.

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Well, that was interesting, Im not to usually fond of crazy quilts (too
many hippe days ago) I am quite fond of you work. I could feel what
went into that.

Mary Ann

Old May 24th 05, 05:47 AM
Lisa Caryl

Thank you so much! Isn't that moon just lovely? I felt so lucky that Diana
shared this one with me. :-)

People don't often realize how much time is involved with these blocks. I
did quite a bit of the moon block at a 2 day retreat.....I think everyone
thought I was nuts to be happy at finishing one little block when some of
them were able to complete whole quilt tops. But eh, it keeps me outta
trouble ;-)

As for the spiders, they were considered a sign of good luck in Victorian
times. I love putting them on traditional blocks, and I am always on the
lookout for interesting beads that I can use for their bodies.

oups.com...

Old May 24th 05, 05:55 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
So that's what "exquisite" means.
Lovely pics, Lisa.

Ragmop/Sandy

Old May 24th 05, 05:59 AM
Lisa Caryl

lol......okay, I will keep that in mind if I ever need to put is somewhere
for safe keeping. I know that it would be well cared for!
And thank you Miss Butterfly, glad you like it :-)

Old May 24th 05, 08:15 AM
Patti

Stunning work, Lisa.
I have never seen anything like these pieces. I'm amazed at an
imagination that can think of such details.
Although crazy quilting will never be my absolute favourite (for myself
to do), I can certainly appreciate the skill and time it must take to
make such works of art.
I do love tiny! So the fact that these are mostly mini delights adds
another dimension of attraction for me g
..
In message , Lisa Caryl
writes
Hi everyone,
I have a new crazy quilt block finished that I wanted to share. You can see
it here, and it's the first pictu
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...765&uid=417596

I will be using it to cover the lid of a 7" square box.

While I'd love to take credit for everything in the block, I can't. Diana
Curtis. made the beautiful moon face (her own design!) in the upper left
area. It was the inspiration for the whole thing. Thanks Di :-). It wouldn't
have come to be without you.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Repost: EVIL SUNBONNET SUE BLOCK SWAP georg Quilting 7 May 12th 05 09:29 PM
Poll - Block Exchanges frood Quilting 21 May 7th 05 09:30 PM
Officially announcing the Evil Sunbonnet Sue block swap georg Quilting 8 April 4th 05 04:54 PM
"Strolling the Block" block exchange....members wanted! Terbear Quilting 5 October 4th 04 04:45 AM
? Is there software for enlarging / reducing block pattern? QuiltShopHopper Quilting 16 February 22nd 04 06:24 AM