Please name these old glass bowls

Old September 26th 03, 11:55 AM
ConTactMe

Default Please name these old glass bowls

I'm trying to find out the name or type of these old glass bowls. I don't
know where to find more, and I can't even begin looking if I don't know what
they are called. I seem to recall seeing bowls like these in the homes of my
"aged" relatives (can't call them old, or they'll spit their false teeth out
on me).

Anyone know what they're properly called or where to find more?

Thanks.

Old September 26th 03, 06:18 PM
nJb

ConTactMe wrote:

I'm trying to find out the name or type of these old glass bowls. I don't
know where to find more, and I can't even begin looking if I don't know what
they are called. I seem to recall seeing bowls like these in the homes of my
"aged" relatives (can't call them old, or they'll spit their false teeth out
on me).

Anyone know what they're properly called or where to find more?

Thanks.

When you go out looking just use the same picture you've shown us.
--
Jack

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xmissionbobo/
Old September 27th 03, 11:22 PM
Tallulah

nJb wrote in message ...
ConTactMe wrote:

I'm trying to find out the name or type of these old glass bowls. I don't
know where to find more, and I can't even begin looking if I don't know what
they are called. I seem to recall seeing bowls like these in the homes of my
"aged" relatives (can't call them old, or they'll spit their false teeth out
on me).

Anyone know what they're properly called or where to find more?

Thanks.

When you go out looking just use the same picture you've shown us.

What picture? I'm not getting a picture or a link to one. I used to
collect old glass so may know. (Then again I may not. )
Old September 28th 03, 12:25 AM
Mike Firth

Well, I think we could suggest that the bowl on the right is named Casper
and the one on the left is Harvey.

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website
"Tallulah" wrote in message
om...

Old September 28th 03, 03:54 AM
ConTactMe

Well, crud, there I go again. I'm sorry, but I didn't post the stupid link
to the images. Here they a

http://www.spvision.com/pubimages/mi...sbowls_101.jpg
http://www.spvision.com/pubimages/mi...sbowls_102.jpg

Thanks for the assist.

Old September 28th 03, 04:00 AM
nJb

Tallulah wrote:

nJb wrote in message ...
ConTactMe wrote:

I'm trying to find out the name or type of these old glass bowls. I don't
know where to find more, and I can't even begin looking if I don't know what
they are called. I seem to recall seeing bowls like these in the homes of my
"aged" relatives (can't call them old, or they'll spit their false teeth out
on me).

Anyone know what they're properly called or where to find more?

Thanks.

When you go out looking just use the same picture you've shown us.

What picture? I'm not getting a picture or a link to one. I used to
collect old glass so may know. (Then again I may not. )

Your computer needs service. The sarcasm detector is malfunctioning.

Old September 28th 03, 04:41 AM
nJb

ConTactMe wrote:

Well, crud, there I go again. I'm sorry, but I didn't post the stupid link
to the images. Here they a

http://www.spvision.com/pubimages/mi...sbowls_101.jpg
http://www.spvision.com/pubimages/mi...sbowls_102.jpg

Thanks for the assist.

Don't look familiar to me. Are the pastels for sure a part of the glass?

Old September 29th 03, 12:34 AM
Tallulah

nJb wrote in message ...
Tallulah wrote:

When you go out looking just use the same picture you've shown us.

What picture? I'm not getting a picture or a link to one. I used to
collect old glass so may know. (Then again I may not. )

Your computer needs service. The sarcasm detector is malfunctioning.

Ah ha! Thanks Jack, thought there may have been a problem. Had the
numb lock on. ;o)

And no I haven't seen that type of bowl before, but if I had to make a
guess, I'd say American 1930-late 40's.
Old September 29th 03, 01:47 AM
Tallulah

"ConTactMe" wrote in message ...
Well, crud, there I go again. I'm sorry, but I didn't post the stupid link
to the images. Here they a

http://www.spvision.com/pubimages/mi...sbowls_101.jpg
http://www.spvision.com/pubimages/mi...sbowls_102.jpg

Thanks for the assist.

OK, after my last message in which I made only a guess, I decided to
search a little to see if I was right. Nope. It was a little off.
Probably 1950's. Here's one of the many I found;

Go to eBay CatagoriesPottery&GlassGlassGlassware40's,50's ,60's
search in title and description for frosted. Maker seems to be West
Virginia Glass and/or Federal. Fired-on colors. Good luck.