SHANA TOVA =GOOD YEAR 5769

Old September 29th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default SHANA TOVA =GOOD YEAR 5769

Shana Tova GOOD year To all ,,,
mirjam
Old September 29th 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
betsey

On Sep 28, 11:54*pm, wrote:
Shana Tova GOOD year To all ,,,
mirjam

Good year to you too!
Old September 29th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Sep 28, 9:54*pm, wrote:
Shana Tova GOOD year To all ,,,
mirjam

A sweet and peaceful year to you, Mirjam!
Old September 30th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Walker Family[_2_]

Shana Tova to you, Mirjam!!!

I crocheted a shawl for Vicky to wear to services this week. She
really liked it. If you know where I can find actual directions for a
crocheted prayer shawl, let me know. I made this one up so it wasn't
exact but she liked it and that was what I wanted. Thanks, Moni
Old September 30th 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Sep 30, 12:47�pm, Walker Family wrote:
Shana Tova to you, Mirjam!!!

I crocheted a shawl for Vicky to wear to services this week. �She
really liked it. �If you know where I can find actual directions for a
crocheted prayer shawl, let me know. �I made this one up so it wasn't
exact but she liked it and that was what I wanted. �Thanks, Moni
� � � �---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ----http://www.pronews.comoffers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups

Hi Moni,

Go into google and do a search using crochet prayer shawl free
directions and you'll find some there.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 1st 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default SHANA TOVA =GOOD YEAR 5769 Prayer Shawl

Walker Family wrote:
Shana Tova to you, Mirjam!!!

I crocheted a shawl for Vicky to wear to services this week. She
really liked it. If you know where I can find actual directions for a
crocheted prayer shawl, let me know. I made this one up so it wasn't
exact but she liked it and that was what I wanted. Thanks, Moni

Shana,

I have made the "Half Moon" shawl in this group and they all loved it.

I hope this group of shawls from Lion Brand can help you.

http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/pat...o.x=19&Go.y=11

The url below is a search on Google, it will help you a lot.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...croch et+pray

Let us know what you decide to make.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old October 1st 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Sep 30, 7:47*pm, Walker Family wrote:
Shana Tova to you, Mirjam!!!

I crocheted a shawl for Vicky to wear to services this week. *She
really liked it. *If you know where I can find actual directions for a
crocheted prayer shawl, let me know. *I made this one up so it wasn't
exact but she liked it and that was what I wanted. *Thanks, Moni
* * * *---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ----http://www.pronews.comoffers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups

Moni a Talit =prayer shawl has special specifcations ,, It is extremly
kind of Dennis and other to provide you with adresses and sites about
Prayer shawls , but if you want to find the requested measurements
etc , better look up the Word Talit [ singular ] or Talitot
[plural] ..
I also have a books`name ,,, Jewish Ceremonial Embroidery , By Kathryn
Salomon , B.T. Batsford, 1988. has a chapter for it ,,,
mirjam
Old October 1st 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Sep 30, 7:47*pm, Walker Family wrote:
Shana Tova to you, Mirjam!!!

I crocheted a shawl for Vicky to wear to services this week. *She
really liked it. *If you know where I can find actual directions for a
crocheted prayer shawl, let me know. *I made this one up so it wasn't
exact but she liked it and that was what I wanted. *Thanks, Moni
* * * *---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ----http://www.pronews.comoffers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups

Moni i googled Talit and there is even a site that helps you for
choosing sizes !!!!
mirjam
Old October 1st 08, 06:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Walker Family[_2_]

Moni i googled Talit and there is even a site that helps you for
choosing sizes !!!!
mirjam

Thanks for the help. I hope to do an actual one made to the
specifications very soon. I've been in a whirlwind of gift making
including crocheting hats and doll clothes, slippers, dishcloths and
sweaters. I'm also quilting and scrapbooking.

You have to get an early start to get all the things on my list done.
I'm the only one in both sides of our family that does any crafting
now that my mother is gone. My husband and I are also making a toy
box for each grandchild. I've got some cross stitching and beading to
finish as well, but I'm enjoying it all and make sure to think of the
recipient as I make each gift. That's one of my favorite pleasures of
the holidays. Moni
Old October 2nd 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:47:10 -0500, Walker Family
wrote:

I crocheted a shawl for Vicky to wear to services this week. She
really liked it. If you know where I can find actual directions for a
crocheted prayer shawl, let me know. I made this one up so it wasn't
exact but she liked it and that was what I wanted. Thanks, Moni

Any shawl pattern can be used for a prayer shawl. It's your intent as
you make it that makes it a prayer shawl, not the exact pattern.

Although I have to say that some complicated lace patterns might not
be a good idea for a prayer shawl, as the difficulty may lead to
thoughts that are not congruent with a prayer shawl. I remember
someone remarking on Ravelry that the third time she had to frog her
shawl she wasn't feeling very prayerful, so she switched to a simpler
pattern.

Mary "Whatever you feel comfortable with"
We didn't just do weird stuff at Dryden, we wrote reports about it.
or
Visit my blog at
http://thedigitalknitter.blogspot.com/