NEED FEEDBACK

Old May 11th 05, 03:42 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Default NEED FEEDBACK

Please look at pix #1 in my Snigs Webshots album and tell me what you think
of these colors for setting the Card Tricks blocks together. I've decided
to use the narrow strips with the 9 patch setting blocks that someone showed
me here (my estrogen deprived brain can't recall right now). This is my
next UFO to complete. There are 20 - 12 1/2" blocks. I must have really
been in a green phase when I made all these blocks. I'm sure sick of green
now but I must honor my New years resolution to complete all my UFO's. But
when I get all these done I don't want to ever see Hunter green ever again.
Well - unless it is with purple - naturally. LOL

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old May 11th 05, 03:53 PM
marbles_2

I like them! I think the pink in the floral print pulls the other
pink/maroons forward and the greens enhance them. At least that is what
my bleary puffy morning eyeballs see. Good luck completing it!

Old May 11th 05, 04:25 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Thank you Ms. Marbles. I just can't seem to make any decisions any more
without help. I'm sick of UFOs and would love to start a new project but
i'm committed to finishing this basket full of UFOs.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
oups.com...

Old May 11th 05, 04:31 PM
Kim E

I think it needs what you have laid out. A maroon sashing (so all the
blocks look like there are 3 strips separating them
lavender-maroon-lavender), maroon sashing around the whole thing and a
floral border. Binding could be maroon, or maybe the darker green.

Kim

Old May 11th 05, 04:57 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

I wish that was lavender but actually it is grey. I picked up the grey from
the large floral print that will be a wide outside edge sash. I'll use the
eggplant color to bind it. I can't think of any other color choices and
this way I can remain faithful to use up some more of my stash. I have the
batting on hand and a cotton muslin sheet for the backing. Thank you so
much for your help.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
oups.com...

Old May 11th 05, 05:45 PM
Marcella Peek

Could you simply sash with the maroon use the floral as the outer border
and bind with the grey? It would be simpler :-)

marcella

Old May 11th 05, 05:49 PM
the black rose

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:

Please look at pix #1 in my Snigs Webshots album and tell me what you think
of these colors for setting the Card Tricks blocks together.

Oooh, I likes 'em.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old May 11th 05, 05:55 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Yes I could do that but I liked the striped sashing with the 9 patch setting
blocks. Do you think it's too busy for this particular block?? I was
trying to avoid that by using solid colors around the block then using the
large floral for the outside borders of the quilt.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old May 11th 05, 08:31 PM
Bookbug

Your color scheme is lovely. Your idea will work fine, imho.

Michelle

Old May 12th 05, 02:50 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

thanks michell - i'm going to start cuttin today

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Bookbug" wrote in message
oups.com...
Your color scheme is lovely. Your idea will work fine, imho.

Michelle

In Regards to: Subject: I need some feedback from knitting friends... Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 3 April 29th 04 03:44 AM
I need some feedback from knitting friends... Dale Marketplace 4 April 29th 04 12:44 AM
I need some feedback from knitting friends... Dale Needlework 7 April 29th 04 12:44 AM
AD & Feedback Requested starlia Beads 6 March 3rd 04 08:01 AM
Ad: Feedback Contest, Free Bead, Lampwork Sandree Beads 2 August 23rd 03 01:28 AM