Liked Norma's and New RCTY site

Old November 5th 03, 06:50 PM
Angelicsong

Default Liked Norma's and New RCTY site

Hi Ria and Everyone else,

I already tried a RCTY yahoo site and only a few participated so I decided
to close it down again.

Some people got the idea (in their own heads not from something *I* wrote)
that the RCTY site would be *taking away or taking over* from this forum.
Let me reiterate IT WOULD NOT!! It would be a like a library to store things
and ideas etc and then if someone wanted to go back and check something
out -- like a pattern or recipe or send someone a birthday card, they could.
I hope people understand that now!! Wheeew!!!

If anyone is still interested I am willing to create a site just for RCTY
with pages for the following things:

Recipes,
Patterns,
Tips & Tricks,
Member Photos (a password protected area),
Birthdays (password protected area),
Poems & Stories,

and anything else RCTY members wish. Although this is time consuming and
challenging, I find things like this fun and worthwhile for all our members.

Please note, those of our RCTY family that do not want to participate - do
not have to!! OK?

Meanwhile, I would appreciate your emails on this and I will abide by those
members wishes.

Here's hoping I don't get myself in *another* bucket of brine for this
one!!! lol

Loads of hugs,
Melody (Angelicsong) 0

Old November 5th 03, 07:50 PM
Jenn Vanderslice

Actually, I've seen this done on another newsgroup and it's been really
successful. Everyone can post pictures of themselves or pictures that
are related to the newsgroup topic (and yeah..some just post goofy
pictures of nothing related to the newsgroup just for fun). But after
uploading the picture, they usually post out to the group that they
posted a pic. I believe there are over 300 people who joined that Yahoo
group just to look at pictures...the site isn't used for anything else
but the posting of pictures.
I think it's a great idea. :-)

/J

--
Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe -
the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant

Old November 5th 03, 09:29 PM
Angelicsong

Thanks Noreen, I'll include you as well.

Melody

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
t...
In article
ogers.com,
[...]

Melody, As you know, I WAS and still AM all FOR it.
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP *tease* to email me.

Old November 5th 03, 11:05 PM
Norma

please include me too, Melody.

--
Star love,
Norma
. cable.rogers.com...

Old November 5th 03, 11:20 PM
Ria Van de Velde

Count me in
Ria

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 18:50:08 GMT, "Angelicsong"
wrote:

[...]

riavdv at pandora dot be