Checking in....

Old June 2nd 14, 05:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Default Checking in....

I check in just about every day & would love to see more action here. I
haven't done much quilting lately. DH has Parkinson's Disease and has
developed some dementia. He has been in a wheelchair for several years &
has been requiring more and more help, especially transferring between
bed & chair. It was getting too much for me, so I moved him to a nice
assisted living facility at the end of March. Three weeks later, he
ended up in the hospital for a week and was then moved to a skilled care
facility for rehab. The current plan is to move him into a memory care
facility later this week. Although it is nice to be able to leave the
house without thinking about him, it has been stressful for both of us.
He is not happy in the skilled care facility (a very nice one, I
think), so I hope it goes better in the memory care place. All of that
means very little time for me for quilting, etc.

Julia in MN
Old June 2nd 14, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Julia in MN" wrote in message ...

[...]

So sorry to hear about your DH being in retirement care. My sister has
been in assisted living for more than a year. The dementia has gotten
worse, then she fell about 7 weeks ago and broke a hip.
With the dementia, I don't think she will be happy anywhere, but I know she
is cared for. Maybe you will come up with a small quilting project you can
carry when you visit with DH.
Barbara in SC

Old June 10th 14, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Monday, June 2, 2014 10:56:07 AM UTC-6, Julia in MN wrote:
[...]

Hello Julia,
Hope your husband finally gets settled in a new place and I can imagine how stressful it is for both of you. I am sure he didn't want to go there but wanted to be home with you. It is just too much for you after a while. Maybe once he gets settled in this new place, you can get some quilting done.
Sandy$

checking in - some OT Marigold Quilting 5 March 8th 08 02:05 AM
checking IN, and checking OUT (for the night :D) YarnWright Yarn 5 March 11th 06 04:12 PM
Checking in Carol in TN Yarn 22 November 19th 05 09:47 PM
OT -- Checking in Lee S. Billings Beads 2 September 27th 05 10:41 PM
OT - Just checking in Polly S. Beads 2 September 23rd 05 10:22 AM