New Bernina with stitch regulator

Old February 11th 05, 01:50 PM
Susan Laity Price

Default New Bernina with stitch regulator

Has anyone tried the new Bernina with the stitch regulator? It is
suppose to be the same type of thing that is on the long arm machines.
When you are doing free motion quilting the machine stitches the same
length stitch regardless of the speed you are quilting. Does it really
work?

When I get home from vacation I thought I would take a basted baby
quilt to the store selling the new Bernina's and give it a test drive.
Has anyone done that yet?

Susan
Old February 11th 05, 01:54 PM
bdiane

Oh shoot!@ I wish this was on my Bernina 153. Which model is getting
it? When you are using the free motion you have to be careful or the
stitches are irregular?

Old February 11th 05, 02:20 PM
Susan Torrens

I had a chance to try it at a local quilt show. It works really well.
There are three different ways to use it, but for the show it was set up the
easiest way. Push a blue button on the front, and when you started moving
the quilt sandwich, it started sewing. My biggest complaint is that they
didn't make more room under the arm! They list for 3499.00.

Old February 12th 05, 01:18 PM
Valerie in FL

My local quilt shop emailed me about this model a couple of days ago. I've
been trying to find out how much it is since then.

$3499.00? Waahhh! I guess I can stop chatting it up with DH. sigh

--
Valerie in FL
My quilts: http://community.webshots.com/user/vjkahler

Old February 14th 05, 07:21 AM
Thimbleberry

I made a trip to my LQS this past Saturday for something else, but
couldn't pass up the chance to try out the 440... Boy, was it a dream!
I've only tried machine quilting a little bit at home (where my
stitches are definitely NOT uniform) and was really surprised at how
even my stitches were. The price with the embroidery module was $3200+
(can't remember exactly) but WITHOUT the it the price came down to
$2624.25. And, you can add the embroidery part later... Even though I
wasn't looking for a new machine, I think I found one! Now, I just
need to put myself on the waiting list...

Kristie

Old February 17th 05, 04:46 AM
DrQuilter

mmmmmm... I just paid that for the viking 750 sans stitch regulator..
mmmhhhh could I possibly part with it? will have to do a test run...

Valerie in FL wrote:

[...]

(take the dog out before replying)
Old February 18th 05, 01:35 AM
Lenore Lawrence

I've already put DH on notice that I want this machine......maybe the second
year model in case there are kinks to work out!

Happy quilting to all,

Lenore

Lakewood, Washington

Old February 11th 05, 04:26 PM
Robin

I tried it but only on a small block, not a quilt. It was so wonderful that
I put down a deposit. I can't wait for the shop's allotment of the new
machines to arrive. I am also getting the embroidery attachment!
Hopefully, it will be very soon; the wait is killing me.

Robin

Old February 11th 05, 10:41 PM
Robin

About $1000.00. You use USB ports to attach the unit to your computer and,
so I am told since mine has not arrived yet, anything you can download from
the internet (in several different formats) you can stitch out on the
machine. The software also will resize motifs so that if you want to
enlarge or reduce the stitch density remains the same.

Robin

Betty in Wi" wrote in message
How much extra are they charging for the embroidery attachment?

Betty in WI

. com...