Did someone mention...

Old July 3rd 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

Default Did someone mention...

....Addi needles for lace? I thought I saw a mention of it but can't
find it (that may of course be due to the migraine drugs). I ask
because I think I mentioned trying to make a scarf with some beautiful
two-ply cashmere laceweight that is slack-twisted enough that no matter
what needles I use, I either can't get the point into the stitch or the
needle splits the yarn at every stitch. Is there an Addi type of needle
especially for lace? Help! At this rate I'll die of old age before I
finish that scarf.
Old July 3rd 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Karen in MN

"spampot" ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote in message
...Addi needles for lace? I thought I saw a mention of it but can't
find it (that may of course be due to the migraine drugs). I ask
because I think I mentioned trying to make a scarf with some beautiful
two-ply cashmere laceweight that is slack-twisted enough that no matter
what needles I use, I either can't get the point into the stitch or the
needle splits the yarn at every stitch. Is there an Addi type of needle
especially for lace? Help! At this rate I'll die of old age before I
finish that scarf.

Yes there are -- I haven't tried them myself, but the yarn shop has recently
begun carrying them.

Karen in MN

Old July 3rd 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

spampot" ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org wrote:
...Addi needles for lace? I thought I saw a mention of it but can't
find it (that may of course be due to the migraine drugs). I ask
because I think I mentioned trying to make a scarf with some beautiful
two-ply cashmere laceweight that is slack-twisted enough that no
matter what needles I use, I either can't get the point into the
stitch or the needle splits the yarn at every stitch. Is there an
Addi type of needle especially for lace? Help! At this rate I'll
die of old age before I finish that scarf.

Yes they go up to size 6....I bought 4's and 5's at the LYS and tried them
with reg yarn and poked holes in my fingersG I have the same problem with
lace...can't get the needles in the stitches...I tried with the new ones and
they work really well.....price $15.95 and they have red cables and brass
tips....they are very pointy.

I wish they came in the big needle sizes but 6 is as high as they go.

Donna

Old July 4th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

"Karen in MN" wrote ...

"spampot" wrote ...
...Addi needles for lace? I thought I saw a mention of it but can't
find it (that may of course be due to the migraine drugs). I ask
because I think I mentioned trying to make a scarf with some beautiful
two-ply cashmere laceweight that is slack-twisted enough that no matter
what needles I use, I either can't get the point into the stitch or the
needle splits the yarn at every stitch. Is there an Addi type of needle
especially for lace? Help! At this rate I'll die of old age before I
finish that scarf.

Yes there are -- I haven't tried them myself, but the yarn shop has
recently
begun carrying them.

Karen in MN

Hi Karen, it's great to see you here again. How are you?

--
Jan in MN

Old July 4th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

"spampot" ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote in message
...Addi needles for lace? I thought I saw a mention of it but can't find
it (that may of course be due to the migraine drugs). I ask because I
think I mentioned trying to make a scarf with some beautiful two-ply
cashmere laceweight that is slack-twisted enough that no matter what
needles I use, I either can't get the point into the stitch or the needle
splits the yarn at every stitch. Is there an Addi type of needle
especially for lace? Help! At this rate I'll die of old age before I
finish that scarf.

I see you got an answer about the Addi needles but I just wanted to mention
that I solved a similar problem last year by sharpening the points of bamboo
needles with sand paper.

--
Jan in MN

Old July 4th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

Jan wrote:
"spampot" ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote in message
...Addi needles for lace? I thought I saw a mention of it but can't find
it (that may of course be due to the migraine drugs). I ask because I
think I mentioned trying to make a scarf with some beautiful two-ply
cashmere laceweight that is slack-twisted enough that no matter what
needles I use, I either can't get the point into the stitch or the needle
splits the yarn at every stitch. Is there an Addi type of needle
especially for lace? Help! At this rate I'll die of old age before I
finish that scarf.

I see you got an answer about the Addi needles but I just wanted to mention
that I solved a similar problem last year by sharpening the points of bamboo
needles with sand paper.

Oh, now that's an interesting idea, because I tried bamboo needles, too.
Thanks!
Old July 4th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

DAB wrote:
[...]

Ah! Thank you. I guess this will just be a very expensive scarf.
Wonder where I can get them.
Old July 4th 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

DAB wrote:
[...]

Aha!! Check this out:

http://knittersreview.com/article_to...t/070215_a.asp
Old July 4th 07, 11:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

DAB wrote:
[...]

Good find and interesting read.......thanks!

Donna

Old July 4th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Aha!! Check this out:

http://knittersreview.com/article_to...t/070215_a.asp

My sentiments exactly. I find metal needles too slippery for me, which
is why I use bamboo for just about everything, but I need pointier tips
for lace. I'm really liking the Addi lace needles. Those
k -more-than-2-tog parts are a lot easier to handle. I do wish they
made them in larger sizes; one lace item in my queue is done on size 8s,
and I'm not willing to take the chance and sharpen my bamboos for fear
that I'll ruin them (I'm not exactly the most coordinated person on the
planet).

And I bought mine from Yarn Lady, the source given for online purchases.
If anyone ever gets to So Cal this is the place to go.

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

OT Did I ever mention... NightMist Quilting 12 August 9th 06 05:55 PM
I am sorry. I forgot to mention this. Harry Glass 0 July 1st 06 09:16 PM
did I mention... lisa skeen Quilting 4 January 19th 06 07:10 PM
Did someone mention... Gourds? editor_gourdvine Carving 2 June 26th 05 01:23 PM
CP: did I mention......... CNYstitcher Quilting 5 August 8th 03 12:39 PM