U.S. equivalent or supplier

Old April 30th 05, 03:04 PM
anne

Default U.S. equivalent or supplier

I've been drooling over many/most/all of the designs featured in issue 63 of
Classic Stitches, a wonderful magazine published in the UK. I'd appreciate it
if someone could tell me what is Coats Ophir thread and/or where it might be
purchased in the U.S. Is the metallic version similar to the DMC spools of gold
or silver thread?

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old May 1st 05, 04:34 AM
Phylis Maurer

I don't have a clue on the thread, but I'd suggest contacting Jeanmarie at
Jenny June Fancy Works. (http://jennyjune.com/)
She has a number of contacts with non-US manufacturers for specialty
materials & might be able to help you find something.

Good Luck - please keep us informed as to what you find out.

Phyllis Maurer

ews.com...

Old May 1st 05, 07:57 AM
Shirley Shone

If you type Coats ophir thread into google UK you will come up with
many sites that stock it. It is equivalent to Twilley's Gold Dust
thread.

If you really wants some and cannot get it over there I could get some
and send it to you but not for another 5 weeks.

Email me privately if you want to do that.
Shirley in UK

In message . com, Anne
writes

Old May 1st 05, 03:38 PM
Nancy Sue

Shirely wrote:

If you type Coats ophir thread into google UK you will come up with
many sites that stock it. It is equivalent to Twilley's Gold Dust
thread.

Ah! The missing link! In the US, the equivalent of Twilley's Gold Dust
is Rainbow Gallery Gold Rush 18.

HTH

Nancy Sue,
Professional Project Starter and Stash Collector

Old May 2nd 05, 02:06 PM
anne

Shirley Shone said
If you type Coats ophir thread into google UK you will come up with
many sites that stock it. It is equivalent to Twilley's Gold Dust
thread.

If you really wants some and cannot get it over there I could get some
and send it to you but not for another 5 weeks.

Thanks for the equivalent. I was merely curious about the thread so I'll pass
on your kind offer. If I opt to do the design that uses it, I don't mind
substituting something that's more readily available.
--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old May 2nd 05, 02:08 PM
anne

Nancy Sue said

Ah! The missing link! In the US, the equivalent of Twilley's Gold Dust
is Rainbow Gallery Gold Rush 18.

Thanks for the information. It sure would be nice if designers/publishers who
want to appeal to an international audience would take the time to suggest
alternative materials.
--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply

Stained glass supplier? Scot Glass 6 February 7th 05 05:15 AM
UK Semi precious gem (cabochon) supplier? Help Pls! Malcx Jewelry 12 January 29th 05 04:57 AM
cheap float glass supplier? WillMore Glass 0 May 7th 04 07:50 PM
Help in locating a rope supplier Dave Knots 2 January 1st 04 12:43 AM