stampin up question

Old October 12th 03, 01:13 AM
Lynette

Default stampin up question

I went to a lady's house for a SB crop and she was demonstrating/using
Stampin' Up stamps on her layouts.

I am in LOVE with them!

My question...... is the only way to purchase them to host a party or go to
someone else's party? She didn't seem very interested in my looking in the
catalogs & ordering. It seemed I needed to host or attend a party?

Thanks for telling me the scoop on how Stampin' Up works......

Lynette

Old October 12th 03, 02:23 AM
Cecelia Medbery

My question...... is the only way to purchase them to host a party or go
someone else's party? She didn't seem very interested in my looking in the
catalogs & ordering. It seemed I needed to host or attend a party?

Stampin' Up is like Tupperware, in that they have at-home parties, but you
should be able to just order without booking or attending a party. You can
try their website (www.stampinup.com) and find a demonstrator in your area
who could help you if that person won't.

Cecelia

Old October 12th 03, 02:50 AM
Bijoux

"Cecelia Medbery" wrote in message
My question...... is the only way to purchase them to host a party or

go
someone else's party? She didn't seem very interested in my looking in

the
catalogs & ordering. It seemed I needed to host or attend a party?

Stampin' Up is like Tupperware, in that they have at-home parties, but you
should be able to just order without booking or attending a party. You

can
try their website (www.stampinup.com) and find a demonstrator in your area
who could help you if that person won't.

Cecelia

I agree, check with another demonstrator. My sister-in-law is one and is
always more than happy to place individual orders. In fact the order form
Stampin Up uses does have a shipping and handling calculation based on
hostess party sale vs individual order.

If you're like me, it doesn't take long to tally up $150 worth of stamps,
then you can be a party unto yourself and get the hostess sets too!

Bijoux

Old October 12th 03, 04:18 AM
Susan

A good consultant would be more than willing to put your order to another
show. Friend of mine does this with SU and another does it for Longaberger.
You might be helped out by someone down the road as well.

I'd defintely look at the website and see if you can find another
consultant. I know as I used to do the baskets, that I'd be happy to get
sales in general, show or no show.

--
Susan
AF Wife to David

Old October 12th 03, 01:31 PM
Lynette

Thanks for the info about the Web site. We live in a small town & I was
very surprised that there are three here in my town & they all have email.

Old October 21st 03, 07:45 AM
emma J

Hi - just to let you know that I bought a stamping up cd rom on ebay. It
contains all the rubber stamp designs and you just print out and use.
Great!!!!! It also contains other handy bits. Take a look on
www.ebay.co.uk you may need to register, but it's all free! I'm pretty
sure you can just browse! Good luck!

Old October 21st 03, 11:52 AM
Cecelia Medbery

"emma J" wrote in message
Hi - just to let you know that I bought a stamping up cd rom on ebay. It
contains all the rubber stamp designs and you just print out and use.
Great!!!!! It also contains other handy bits. Take a look on
www.ebay.co.uk you may need to register, but it's all free! I'm pretty
sure you can just browse! Good luck!

Okay, I'll bite. First of all, it shows you as not having bought anything
on ebay since 1998. Secondly, Stampin' Up is VERY particular about their
copyrights and this is totally illegal.

Cecelia

Old October 21st 03, 05:59 PM
Pat Kight

Cecelia Medbery wrote:
"emma J" wrote in message
Hi - just to let you know that I bought a stamping up cd rom on ebay. It
contains all the rubber stamp designs and you just print out and use.
Great!!!!! It also contains other handy bits. Take a look on
www.ebay.co.uk you may need to register, but it's all free! I'm pretty
sure you can just browse! Good luck!

Okay, I'll bite. First of all, it shows you as not having bought anything
on ebay since 1998.

People often use different usernames and e-mail addresses for eBay than
they do for their other correspondence.

Secondly, Stampin' Up is VERY particular about their
copyrights and this is totally illegal.

While my first reaction was similar to yours, if you google for "stampin
up CD," you'll find a surprising number of hits; it appears that
Stampin' Up has, in fact, issued a CD containing a large number of
ready-to-stamp card and scrapbook designs, card verses and project
templates. See, for instance,

http://makeashorterlink.com/?D3B521946

If that's what Emma bought, then there's nothing illegal about it.

If she actually found "all the rubber stamp designs" on a CD, then
you're right, it's likely an illegal bootleg; I'm willing to give her
the benefit of the doubt and assume she was just being over-enthusiastic
about her purchase.

--
Pat Kight