Do you keep a bead inventory?

Old September 20th 09, 11:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Default Do you keep a bead inventory?

Now with hind sight I wished I had.
I have just been rummaging behind my beading desk to see if I could find
the wire knitter that I have.

I pulled out a box and in are 31 vintage crystal necklaces with a total
of 48 strands. These were antique fair finds. I got to be known as the
lady who was always looking for crystal beads. Stall holders would keep
them for me and I felt compelled to buy. I hated to disappoint them by
refusing. The prices were always good, only a few pounds each. I have
not been to an antique fair now for about 2 years,

In the first instance I started to collect them because I wanted to make
a beaded lampshade. Never did make one apart from putting a beaded
fringe round a plain cream lampshade.

All the other beads I have are in drawers and boxes. I did at one time
have drawers labelled with colours, crystals, delica's and so forth.
Alas though some drawers got too full and other beads were pushed in. It
is a mega search for some of the beads.

How I wished I had kept a record of where and when and how much the
beads cost when I got them. Also where I put them.
Memories plays tricks as one gets older.

There still a lot of beads that were in my BFNR still in the drawers. In
another box are the beads that I bought in Amsterdam when I met Bart
there. He took DH and I to shops that we would never have found If we
had been on our own.
Still think of you Bart if you are reading this.

Hope everyone is okay
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old September 20th 09, 12:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

Since I inventory everything else craft related, I am surprised I never
thought to do it with my beads. (ok the Mill Hill packs that I've bought for
projects are listed with my specialty items)

It would be fun to know how other people store and inventory things.

Cheryl

Old September 20th 09, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Marilee M

I have done most every kind of craft over the last 40 years (I am older
than dirt!) and the room where I have all my supplies is such a mess I
call it my "crappy room". As far as my beads, I do keep my seed beads
somewhat organized, all red shades are in one plastic box , all blue
tones in another and etc. All cabs are together but other than that,
nothing is really organized and doubt things will change at this stage
of the game.
Marilee

Old September 20th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_3_]

Nope, and I should before I get overwhelmed. I turned my dining room into
my bead workshop and no longer invite people over for dinner, lol. Method
in my madness, that.

I have small open baskets and I keep everything in those in resealable
plastic bags. DD bought me a fancy case with a gazillion compartments and I
haven't put anything in it yet. From eons of experience (old as dirt too),
I threaten anyone with death if they move one thing.

I know pretty well exactly where stuff is and it would drive me bonkers if I
changed it around. But I am working on it. I really should have kept a
record on here of what I paid and so on. I think Sterling does that.
Me......I just guess. But not into much selling yet. My problem is I
started out with base metals and stuff from Michaels. Now I buy the better
stuff, so have to definitely keep those separate.

Cheers......Heather the Hoarder.

Old September 20th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Linda2

After determining that I had more beads that I thought I did, I went to
Dollar Tree and bought lots of plastic shoeboxes with lids. I spent several
days seperating tubes of seed beads by color, findings, thread & needles,
glass beads, metal beads, crystals, lampwork and UFPs. Everything is now
neatly labeled and stored on a six foot, five-shelf stand.

I'm not OCD about putting things back immediately after use, but they do
find their way back into the proper container eventually. Makes finding that
certain shade of purple or those butterfly spacers a lot easier.

Linda2

Old September 20th 09, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling[_3_]

OMG! I must be OCD cause I do keep inventory. Several years ago, I broken down and bought Jewelry
Design Manager, and it was the best money I have spent on my beading/jewelry business.

Every time I make a bead, crystal, silver purchase, its all entered into the JDM program. There is
a lot of work involved, but it is something I love to do. Such as counting each individual bead on
a newly purchased string - no matter how small the bead. In my last order, I bought 3 strands of 2
mm peridot beads. I had to break apart the strands and count each and every bead. But, I know
exactly how much an individual 2 mm peridot bead costs, and how much to charge for a jewelry item
that contained that same bead. Yeah, its very time consuming, but on days you just don't want to
bead but you want to be doing something with your beads, this fills the spot.

Once you enter into the program the bead, color, size, shape, date of purchase, location of
purchase, total cost of the bead, how it came packaged (single, strand, pack of 12) how many to a
strand/package, then the program keeps all that info for you at the tip of your fingers or mouse.
You can have the program tell you when you are running low on a particular item so you can order
more. Its really a great program.

Then in another part of the program you enter in the components that make up a particular piece of
jewelry. The program will store a picture of the piece for you so you can remember which one it is,
and then it gives you pricing for the piece. You tell the program you want to charge a specific
amount for wholesale, direct, and retail and the program calculates the price from each individual
bead or component you used to make that bracelet, then gives you wholesale, direct, and retail
prices so you don't have to do any bookkeeping or try coming up with a legitimate price for your
jewelry... the program does it all for you.

An example would be: you tell the program you want to charge 2x for wholesale, 2.5x for direct, and
3x for retail. The program will tabulate the price of the beads used to make the bracelet, then
calculate the wholesale, direct, and retail price using the formula you gave it. So, if the
bracelet was made with $12.00 worth of stuff, then the program will give you $24.00 for wholesale,
$30.00 for direct, and $36.00 for retail. You get to choose which price you want to use depending
on the person who is buying it. Like, we all give our family a discount of sorts, but other people
get to pay retail price.

And I cant forget about the reports you can generate with the program. It can tell you exactly how
much money you've spend on beads and components since day one, or on a specific date. It can give
you a list of all beads and components you bought at a specific store, it can even break it down to
specific component types bought at a specific store. It can list all the jewelry you've ever made,
and give you pictures with it too. Every report can be printed so you can keep a log if you want.

How I store my beads:
My local craft store sells these great 18 compartment clear plastic locking containers. I use these
to store my beads. I also found larger 6 compartment clear plastic containers at Wal-Mart where the
compartments are much bigger and I use those for pearls. And of course I have those white, almost
opaque large plastic box containers that hold a lot, and I use those for my larger beads and large
quantity items.

Everything is color coded to the extent that I have all pink type beads in a box, all green type
beads in another, etc. Some specific types where I have mass quantities have their own boxes, like
the aquamarine, turquoise, citrine, etc. All my crystal is kept in color coordinated boxes too.
Are you starting to see a pattern here?

Suffice it to say, I know and remember every bead, crystal, sterling silver piece that I have ever
bought. But, if I ever forget, I could always go back to the program and it would tell me exactly
what I want to know.

My bead room is a utter mess right now and I want to bead, but I cant until I clean up some of the
clutter. What do you think I am doing? Sitting here on the computer cause I don't want to clean.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAA

Sterling

Old September 21st 09, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I don't keep an inventory, per se, but I do label the bins with my beads
and include prices either on the bin or on the strand where applicable.
I have one of those handheld label makers and love it.

Shirley - I still have the strand of old crystals you sent me, as well
as a spoon and the lovely card you made me one year.

I wonder about Bart and all the other old-RCBers, too. Many are now on
Facebook. You should join us there!

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Old March 5th 11, 12:33 PM
Vicky.Talore Vicky.Talore is offline
Junior Member

Old June 16th 11, 10:09 PM
Advapsups Advapsups is offline
Banned

Location: The Bahamas
Send a message via ICQ to Advapsups

internet-mobile-telecom

The advanced telecom technology market is developing at a rapid pace by coming up with new options and additions almost daily. One of the latest additions is the local phone number service which has appeared and increasing in popularity exponentially.
A Local phone number works like a normal local number which also allows it to receive local city telephone incoming calls. If you use a local calling number, you don’t need to dial the international country code and deal with the high call charges but avail local rates despite the fact that you can be a million miles away from that area. Local calls can also be redirected to regular or mobile phones anywhere worldwide. So a local phone number is a contemporary and convenient way of making international calls.
From a businessman’s perspective if you want your office somewhere in New York for instance you don't need to live there, rent or buy a place and hire a lot of stuff - all you need is to just buy a local phone number in New York. You will be able to receive calls from all over the world including New York itself.
So by purchasing a Moscow local number, you assuring your customers that your business is located in Moscow. However you can get incoming calls in St. Petersburg, New York, London and Beijing. So, direct numbers are convenient for doing business far from your city or country of residence. buy-virtual-numbers

img src="https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_XB4L19dOBUg/Tc0dtAc4QpI/AAAAAAAAASc/ZTVz1-eCzik/s800/office-telecomax.png" height="310" width="510" //a
Callback-Symbian

Purchasing a local number offers a unique opportunity for businessmen who want to open their business to the international market. By purchasing direct numbers in several countries all over the world a business can possibility increase sales geography and customer base, all the while saving money on office rent and maintenance.
If you moved abroad, direct numbers can offer a contemporary and convenient way to keep in touch with your local friends and family members.
Local phone number capabilities:

Local phone number of any country worldwide ( call-back-international )
Getting calls routed to your handset, Skype or SIP-device

You also have the option of using all the features of a remote office without the additional expenses.

Local phone number advantages:

Convenient management interface. get-toll-free-number
No risk of equipment obsolescence.

free-virtual-sms-number

img src="https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_XB4L19dOBUg/Tc0dtJoz39I/AAAAAAAAASg/tzbNTsSYZnA/s800/virtual%20number%203.jpg" height="210" width="357" //a
telefon-dlja-zvonkov

This is an excellent service for anyone business or individual that needs a simple local phone number without additional features and for low price.
Old June 16th 11, 10:11 PM
Advapsups Advapsups is offline
Banned

Location: The Bahamas
Send a message via ICQ to Advapsups

Ukraina-MobilNye-Operatory

The advanced telecom technology market is developing at a rapid pace by coming up with new options and additions almost daily. One of the latest additions is the local phone number service which has appeared and increasing in popularity exponentially.
A Local phone number works like a normal local number which also allows it to receive local city telephone incoming calls. If you use a local calling number, you don’t need to dial the international country code and deal with the high call charges but avail local rates despite the fact that you can be a million miles away from that area. Local calls can also be redirected to regular or mobile phones anywhere worldwide. So a local phone number is a contemporary and convenient way of making international calls.
From a businessman’s perspective if you want your office somewhere in New York for instance you don't need to live there, rent or buy a place and hire a lot of stuff - all you need is to just buy a local phone number in New York. You will be able to receive calls from all over the world including New York itself.
So by purchasing a Moscow local number, you assuring your customers that your business is located in Moscow. However you can get incoming calls in St. Petersburg, New York, London and Beijing. So, direct numbers are convenient for doing business far from your city or country of residence. Operator-With

img src="https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_XB4L19dOBUg/Tc0dtAc4QpI/AAAAAAAAASc/ZTVz1-eCzik/s800/office-telecomax.png" height="310" width="510" //a
call-back-international

Purchasing a local number offers a unique opportunity for businessmen who want to open their business to the international market. By purchasing direct numbers in several countries all over the world a business can possibility increase sales geography and customer base, all the while saving money on office rent and maintenance.
If you moved abroad, direct numbers can offer a contemporary and convenient way to keep in touch with your local friends and family members.
Local phone number capabilities:

Local phone number of any country worldwide ( uk-call-forwarding )
Getting calls routed to your handset, Skype or SIP-device

You also have the option of using all the features of a remote office without the additional expenses.

Local phone number advantages:

Convenient management interface. free-virtual-sms-number
No risk of equipment obsolescence.

roaming-global

img src="https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_XB4L19dOBUg/Tc0dtJoz39I/AAAAAAAAASg/tzbNTsSYZnA/s800/virtual%20number%203.jpg" height="210" width="357" //a
internet-phone-numbers

This is an excellent service for anyone business or individual that needs a simple local phone number without additional features and for low price.

inventory for sale [email protected] Beads 16 July 17th 12 04:37 PM
QI Inventory?? Kate G. Quilting 100 September 9th 06 03:14 AM
QI Inventory? Sharon & Jack Quilting 0 September 7th 06 09:27 PM
Inventory Lee S. Billings Beads 2 September 6th 03 05:34 PM