question for those who've done Tribute to Old Masters

Old March 26th 15, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default question for those who've done Tribute to Old Masters

Hi everybody--

I've just purchased the chart for Tribute to the Old Masters by Nouveau Encore Designs. The finished size on 32-ct fabric is 27 x 27, which means that the fabric size should be about 33 x 33. Clearly, that won't fit on my Artisan Designs needlework frame--or any other frame I've ever heard of. I hate the thought of doing in a hoop... How have other people mounted this size linen in order to work on it?

Apologies if this is an old topic--I just discovered this board.

I'm thinking Wichelt Belfast Light Mocha and DMC 4245...

Marcia
Old March 27th 15, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nyssa[_2_]

wrote:

Hi everybody--

I've just purchased the chart for Tribute to the Old
Masters by Nouveau Encore Designs. The finished size on
32-ct fabric is 27 x 27, which means that the fabric size
should be about 33 x 33. Clearly, that won't fit on my
Artisan Designs needlework frame--or any other frame I've
ever heard of. I hate the thought of doing in a hoop...
How have other people mounted this size linen in order to
work on it?

Apologies if this is an old topic--I just discovered this
board.

I'm thinking Wichelt Belfast Light Mocha and DMC 4245...

Marcia

I've got scroll bars that wide. I bought up most of the
lengths soon after I bought the original set, so have
30 and 36 inch bars. IIRC they went as high as 40 inches,
but I never thought I'd need 'em that long.

I currently have a project in the 36 inchers. When (if?)
I get a chance to work on it, I prop one end up on a
small table that holds my chart. Awkward, but workable.

Another possibility is a frame meant for doing quilt squares
one at a time. Those are adjustable to various sizes, so
might be large enough to hold your project.

Failing that, furring or framing strips cut to size and
joined at the corners. Then staple strips of fabric to the
edges and lace your fabric to the edge strips. I don't
think you'd want to staple your stitching fabric directly
since you might get stains from the wood or risk tearing
your evenweave.

Hope that some of this gives you pointers to a solution.

Nyssa, who really needs to get back to stitching this summer
At River's End

Old March 27th 15, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

You could use Q-Snaps. They come in different lengths so you can combine them to make any size you need. And you can make them smaller than your linen. You use move them around to stitch where you want to. I also have an Artisian stand and I use Q-Snaps all the time. In fact I have a sampler, Eleanor Parr on a set now. The linen is approx 27 x 30 and the Q-Snaps I'm using are 18 x 12.

Pat in SJ
Old March 27th 15, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kay Lancaster

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:01:28 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
I've just purchased the chart for Tribute to the Old Masters by Nouveau Encore Designs. The finished size on 32-ct fabric is 27 x 27, which means that the fabric size should be about 33 x 33. Clearly, that won't fit on my Artisan Designs needlework frame--or any other frame I've ever heard of. I hate the thought of doing in a hoop... How have other people mounted this size linen in order to work on it?

30x40 is the biggest size I've worked on. I made myself a frame of canvas stretchers,
sewed a doubled piece of poly/cotton poplin to the edge of the fabric, then laced the poplin
to the wooden frame.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/bl...tretcher-bars/ There are many
other brands, but they're all fairly inexpensive.

I used piano hinge screwed to the back of the upper bar (whichever was "upper" at the
time) to attach some 1/2" plywood as a support from the floor to the back edge,
and used a couple of table legs attached with strap hinge as a support for the
front edge. The difference in length allowed me to keep the work on a slight tilt.

Kay

Old March 28th 15, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray[_2_]

On 3/27/2015 10:53 AM, Nyssa wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Hello, Nyssa...long time, no see. However every time I go into my
hubbies man-cave, I see the lovely addition you designed for me, to add
to his ham radio pic!

Gillian

Not stitching much, doing some quilting..a little aier on older eyes!
oops easier, not aier!!

Old March 28th 15, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nyssa[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Hi Gill~~~~

I'm glad that it's in a place of honor in his man-cave.

We should have let him keep the old one with his old call
sign. That woulda taught him better than to upgrade his
call along with his license class. lol

73,
Nyssa, who has to get ready for tonight's ham radio net
At River's End

Old March 31st 15, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

American Dream has scroll rods up to 60" wide. This link will take you
to the 36-inch you need:

http://www.adp-usa.com/product.aspx?...Duty+-+Webbing

Extender bars come in sizes up to 24", though I find 12" to be most
comfortable to stitch on.

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

WIP: MLI Gathering of Roses as birth sampler
Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

COPYRIGHT 2015 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Old April 5th 15, 02:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

He has the original, with the new callsign as a tag=along on the bottom
of it. I must remember to send a pic to you.

Right now, he is driving the new car, with my Tech call on it...and I
drive the older car, with his Extra on it! LOL

Gill
Old April 5th 15, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nyssa[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

And I've got the callsign license plate from my pop's Tbird
on my Ram truck. Since his callsign is now MY callsign as
a vanity call, I can keep a little bit of him and on my
new(er) vehicle. (Had to get the Ram when his old Tbird
quit.)

He was a General Class, but I got the Extra. No way was
I going to change calls and lose his!

Now back to stitching talk....

Nyssa, who baked two kinds of cupcakes and frostings yesterday
to share with the neighbors (and help out the Easter bunny)
instead of stitching, knitting, or reading

Tribute to Vincent C Francis Quilting 0 March 14th 15 05:44 AM
OT - Beautiful Tribute Sharon Quilting 3 November 5th 06 11:15 PM
masters norwick Jewelry 20 July 22nd 05 03:07 AM
Quilter's Tribute to 9/11--PBS Donna Quilting 8 September 12th 04 12:44 PM
Sporting Masters lisa Needlework 1 September 3rd 04 02:41 PM