Labels

Old January 14th 04, 01:27 AM
Tamara

Default Labels

Does anyone know of a free site where I can print labels to put on the back
of my framed pieces indicating the date, occasion and such?

--
Tamara in sunny San Diego

Old January 14th 04, 02:58 AM
JL Amerson

Do you have Microsoft Word? Publisher would be better yet but a program like
Home Publishing will also do a nice job of it. If so, get some Avery labels
and create your own labels. Make them Tamara's, not Jane Doe's. :-)

Old January 14th 04, 05:55 AM
Deb Milner

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:58:19 -0500, "JL Amerson"
wrote:

Do you have Microsoft Word? Publisher would be better yet but a program like
Home Publishing will also do a nice job of it. If so, get some Avery labels
and create your own labels. Make them Tamara's, not Jane Doe's. :-)

I wouldn't use Avery labels though, coming from a Records Management
background, the label glue does not have a long "shelf life" and is
likely to come off within a decade.

Find a label with a good archival quality glue. Probably the easiest
place to find them would be to see if there is a local small (not one
of the large chains) records management company in your area and see
if they use laser sheets and would they sell you any blanks.

--
Deb

WIP: How Great Thou Art (Leisure Arts Greatest Hymns II)
Old January 14th 04, 04:08 PM
Ellice

On 1/13/04 7:27 PM,"Tamara" posted:

Does anyone know of a free site where I can print labels to put on the back
of my framed pieces indicating the date, occasion and such?

Check out the Hewlett Packard and Epson web sites. It may take you some
navigating, but both of these companies do labels designed for quilters to
use. There are free templates for some nice labels - meant to be printed on
special cloth, but you could print them on paper. You might also try some
other quilting sites, just google on Quilts +Labels, or some variations.

In the shop when someone has information about a piece of art that needs to
stay with it, if it's a photocopy or the like, we use double-sided tape and
put it on the dust cover (back). If it's valuable - an old or original
document, bill of sale, provenance, we make a pocket (more heavy dust cover
paper) and slip the item in it. Stays with the piece of art, and can be
moved with re-framing. Even a label that's been taped to the dust cover can
be cut out, and re-taped down if the item is taken out of the frame for
cleaning, or re-framing.

ellice

Old January 14th 04, 08:15 PM
Tamara

Check out the Hewlett Packard and Epson web sites. It may take you some
navigating, but both of these companies do labels designed for quilters to
use.

Thanks, I'll do that. I had some labels that I bought, but I don't like the
size and I'm not very good at designing myself.

--
Tamara in sunny San Diego

Old January 15th 04, 04:17 AM
Rhea

Tamara,

I realize that you were asking for websites to print your own labels, but I
purchase mine from the Scarlet Letter. I think you get 10 of them for $3.00,
but the price might be higher now. When I find them, I stock up.

I have some that I purchased about 10 years ago and I am running out of them.
I think I'm going to my local printer to see if he can make them up. I really
love them and want more of them.

Subject: Labels