Ky State Fair Pix

Old August 30th 03, 04:41 PM
Joan8904

Default Ky State Fair Pix

http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

Four of those are mine. Buttons and Bows was a group quilt that I made with my
Mom. I did the blocks and put it together; she did the silk ribbon embroidery.
Sorry that the pictures aren't better. Didn't have enough time.

joan
joan o'reilly
New 311 Album--EVOLVER--July 22nd
www.311.com

Old August 30th 03, 05:03 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Eric's Alphabet" is just too cute! Thanks for sharing.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old August 30th 03, 06:32 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
(Joan8904) wrote:

http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

Four of those are mine. Buttons and Bows was a group quilt that I made with
my
Mom. I did the blocks and put it together; she did the silk ribbon
embroidery.
Sorry that the pictures aren't better. Didn't have enough time.

joan
joan o'reilly
New 311 Album--EVOLVER--July 22nd
www.311.com

Great job, Joan!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster
Old August 30th 03, 07:29 PM
Mel Rimmer

I love them all, but I think Fireworks is may favourite. It's so
dramatic.
--
Mel Rimmer
Old August 30th 03, 07:42 PM
Butterfly

Sure glad I wasn't a "judge". Standing and giving a cheer for you and
your quilts and your ribbons and for entering : )
WAY TO GO!!!!!!
Hugs
Butterfly

Old August 31st 03, 12:06 AM
Joan8904

Thanx to everyone for the kinds words. FIREWORKS was a last minute entry.
When the Fair entry book came out, they had added a Holiday category. I didn't
want to do another Christmas quilt, so I thought I'd do the Fourth of July.
The pattern came from a book called something like Quick Quilt from Scraps
(which is the most mis-named book in history). I was afraid that the judge
wouldn't get the significance of the blocks (my husband said they looked like
sunflowers on acid), so I added the word FIREWORKS at the top. Not subtle, but
it worked.

joan

Old August 31st 03, 08:44 AM
Mel Rimmer

In article , Joan8904
writes
I was afraid that the judge
wouldn't get the significance of the blocks (my husband said they looked like
sunflowers on acid), so I added the word FIREWORKS at the top.

LOL He does have a way with words!
--
Mel Rimmer
Old September 1st 03, 02:53 AM
taria

Those are all wonderful Joan. Especially like the one with
the cars around it. Too cute! Thanks for sharing.
Taria

Joan8904 wrote:

http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

Four of those are mine. Buttons and Bows was a group quilt that I made with my
Mom. I did the blocks and put it together; she did the silk ribbon embroidery.
Sorry that the pictures aren't better. Didn't have enough time.

joan
joan o'reilly
New 311 Album--EVOLVER--July 22nd
www.311.com