What all do you do craftwise?

Old January 19th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default What all do you do craftwise?

In article Ovuzf.2160$pq5.1961@trndny02, Qintes wrote:

So far I only knit but I plan on learing to crochete eventually too. I
wonder what everyone here is involved in?

Pam

Pam I am a fibernater......LOL

Weaving, spinning, and felting are the front runners, with spin offs to
kumihimo braiding, knitting, crocheting, locker hooking etc.

Els
Old January 19th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"knittingand" wrote in message
ups.com...
Craftwise I knit, spin & dye my own yarn, crochet, macrame, embroidery
(hand & machine), sew (I'd call myself halfway between an advanced
beginner & intermediate seamstress), make felt, and am learning to tat
and weave.

See, I forgot machine knitting!!
Sarah, with all your beautiful lacework, you'll be a GREAT tatter!
N.

Old January 19th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Qintes wrote in

So far I only knit but I plan on learing to crochete
eventually too. I wonder what everyone here is involved
in?

knit, beginner spinner, crochet cat toys, beadwork (freeform,
not jewelry), draw, paint, weave, sew, make paper & books...
lee my 5 year old son knits, weaves, & paints. he's started
doing some beadwork

--
war is peace
freedom is slavery
Old January 19th 06, 10:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

So far I only knit but I plan on learing to crochete eventually too. I
wonder what everyone here is involved in?

Hi Pam

I finger (no needles, used to make large I-cord), hand, and machine
knit; crochet; and am learning how to spin my own yarn. When I can
spin, I'm also going to experiment in using natural plant dyes to
color them.

Leah
Old January 19th 06, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I machine knit, crochet (normal and tunisian), Cross stitch, very
rarely machine sew.
I am able to reply to this immedialtey as I am in the Internet Cafe at
the mo.

Love to you all.
Kari

Old January 19th 06, 10:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote:

So far I only knit but I plan on learing to crochete eventually too.
I wonder what everyone here is involved in?

Pam

Pam I am a fibernater......LOL

Weaving, spinning, and felting are the front runners, with spin offs
to kumihimo braiding, knitting, crocheting, locker hooking etc.

I forgot kumihimo! I *love* that term - "fibernater".

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 19th 06, 10:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Kari wrote:
I machine knit, crochet (normal and tunisian), Cross stitch, very
rarely machine sew.
I am able to reply to this immedialtey as I am in the Internet Cafe at
the mo.

Kari,
Don't you have Internet at home yet? That's a drag!

Higs,
Katherine (who operated with an Internet Cafe one summer)

Old January 19th 06, 11:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Oh my... that's what started my desire to get back into knitting. I have
decided I'd like to spin. I live in an area where sheep is the main farming
commodity (?) so wool is not hard to come by. I haven't actually got a
spinning wheel yet, but maybe you can tell me how you're finding it?

Catherine

Old January 19th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hello,

Somehow I missed this post. I like to crochet, counted cross stitch,
beaded Christmas balls, and latch hook. I have also done needlepoint
and sewing.

One thing that I would love to try is woodworking. I watch Yankee
Workshop from time to time and I would love to try my hand at making
furniture pieces. But I don't have the tools needed nor the money to
begin to purchase them at this time. Maybe someday.

Diane

Old January 19th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

Somehow I missed this post. I like to crochet, counted cross stitch,
beaded Christmas balls, and latch hook. I have also done needlepoint
and sewing.

One thing that I would love to try is woodworking. I watch Yankee
Workshop from time to time and I would love to try my hand at making
furniture pieces. But I don't have the tools needed nor the money to
begin to purchase them at this time. Maybe someday.

Diane

Me too, Diane! I just might have to sneak out to the garage/workshop
someday when we have some wood laying around and see about using Matthew's
tools. Hey, I bought most of them for him, so why not? hehehe Besides,
woodworking runs in my Dad's side of the family. Daddy did it, his two
brothers (one more than the other, I believe) did it, and his father also
did it.... I don't know if anyone further back did or not, but I wouldn't be
surprised. ;o)

Gemini