New and wanting to learn

Old February 9th 05, 03:38 PM
Sagoya

Default New and wanting to learn

Hi,

I live in Saskatoon, Saskathchewan (western canada) and I'd like to learn
how to make beads, but there are no resources in my city. Does anyone know
of a good online site for me to start to learn about the different kinds of
beads and how to do them? There is currently 1 bead store in town, plus
walmart and michaels. They don't always have the beads I'm looking for.

Thanks,
Ellie

Old February 9th 05, 04:03 PM
starlia

Hi Ellie and welcome. What kinds of beads are you wanting to make?
Lampwork glass? Polymer clay? Porcelain? Wire? There are so many more
but it would be helpful to know what kinds of beads you are interested in.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old February 9th 05, 04:17 PM
Sagoya

I love lampwork, but I don't think I'd be ready to tackle something like
that without someone right next to me while I first learned. Polymer looks
interesting and I didn't know you could do porcelin. What does wire ones
look like?

Ellie

Old February 9th 05, 04:48 PM
starlia

I learned by books at first. I purchased Cindy Jenkins book first then
Corina's. I took my first class about a year after making lampwork beads.
The class was with Jennifer Geldard and it was perfect to help me in the
stage I was in.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

newsQpOd.341313$6l.4956@pd7tw2no...

Old February 9th 05, 05:58 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

For polymer, check out:

www.glassattic.com
www.polymerclaycentral.com

For wi

www.wigjig.com
www.softflextm.com
www.beadalon.com

And welcome!

Barbara

Old February 9th 05, 10:00 PM
JoAnn Paules

They don't have the beads that ANY of us are looking for. :-) Welcome to
the club.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]