Enabling times too

Old December 19th 03, 06:25 PM
JVTOPAZ

In article , S
(Karen C - California) writes:

Mom was having a major problem with a frequent guest emptying her snack
bowl in under a minute.

This reminds me of something that happened at my office. There was an agent
who would help himself to any food that was brought to the office, not waiting
for anyone to offer it to him. A local resturant carried several kinds of
'exotic' food. One of the girls went there and bought chocolate covered ants,
put the pieces on her desk in a bowl and waited for him to come by. He did
and, as always, helped himself. He commented that it was good candy. She
responded that, "yes it was the best chocolate covered ant she had ever had."
He didn't just help himself, without it being offered, again.

Old December 19th 03, 10:04 PM
Darla

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:33:20 -0500, Ellice wrote:

but I have TJ's
about a mile away (if that). And, it's across the street from the Whole
Foods.

There's a TJ's between work and home, and not at all far off the
freeway, especially convenient for getting back on the freeway to come
home. The nearest WFM is in Tustin--the opposition direction from
work. There's another WFM--this one with a TJ's nearby--that's not
far from work...in the opposite direction from home! I keep trying to
convince WFM we *need* a store in this area. No luck, so far.
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Old December 20th 03, 08:08 PM
Ellice

On 12/19/03 5:04 PM,"Darla" posted:

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:33:20 -0500, Ellice wrote:

but I have TJ's
about a mile away (if that). And, it's across the street from the Whole
Foods.

There's a TJ's between work and home, and not at all far off the
freeway, especially convenient for getting back on the freeway to come
home. The nearest WFM is in Tustin--the opposition direction from
work. There's another WFM--this one with a TJ's nearby--that's not
far from work...in the opposite direction from home! I keep trying to
convince WFM we *need* a store in this area. No luck, so far.

When WFM came here - then the locals were Fresh Fields - they merged - it
was only one store. Then another. It took several years for them to put up
many within what seems like a close distance. Honestly - I have 3 WFM within
10 minutes - the closest being the 3 min drive. But for about 3 years I had
the 20 min drive. There's a similar type market in NM, and I had gotten so
accustomed to shopping there, that here I would go out of my way to go to
WFM. Good luck convincing them.

Hey - I know where Tustin is! I've even been there - some work thing ages
back. Wow.

ellice

Old December 21st 03, 12:31 AM
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/20/03 3:13 PM, in article , "Ellice"
wrote:

On 12/19/03 7:12 PM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

On 12/19/03 5:05 PM, in article ,
"Darla" wrote:

his cheeks, fire leapt from his mouth. Took most of a six-pack to put out
the
flames. He learned to eat one or two at a time, rather than inhaling the
whole
dish.
Salt or dairy products to kill pepper fire most effectively.

Some how I don't think any one really wanted him to know that right away.

On ne.foods, we regularly get on the subject of "heat" and "extinguishing".
Several of my fellow heat eaters ( a favorite place of many of us labels
dishes as blazing hot, Death Valley Hot and "you bet your a** it's hot")
swear by white rice, "sweet noodles" and bread.

In India, they definitely swear by the white rice. We've had some ut ohs -
when someone eats a "death pepper" by accident - first thing - start
gobbling the plain rice. My XDH, the Indian one, didn't eat particularly
spicy hot food - I eat hotter - and when we were visiting family
occasionally someone would forget to have some less hot versions (people do
that when entertaining, or when there are elderly or little kids about). So,
I've definitely seen him grabbing the rice - me, too - at times. It works
really well. Also, plain rice with yogurt, very soothing. Much of the reason
that there is yogurt served on the side with meals - you can always blend it
into a curry sauce to get it a little milder.

ellice

I remember an Indian I went to grad school with serving this wonderful
yoghurt and rice dish along side a incredibly hot dish of eggplant. Put the
fire out nicely thank you!
Cheryl