Mailing squishie problems.

Old October 5th 05, 04:38 PM
The Laws

Default Mailing squishie problems.

Someone recently said she got a torn envelope with a squishie inside. The
envelope looked like it was torn when it went through the cancellation
machine. I have gotten one of those too, and it barely made it as the
address was almost torn away. So when sending some Hug blocks, I cut 2 5x8
file cards to fit the envelope and added a note for the receiver to let me
know how well the envelope made it through the canceling machine. It still
only needed 37 cents. I asked about having things hand cancelled in the
post office, and they can do that but it costs an extra 12 cents. I'll let
you know, or maybe the recipient will let us know I'm sure the small
manila envelope would travel better, but again, they are more expensive.
Kay

--
All outgoing mail is scanned by Norton Anti Virus software.

Old October 5th 05, 05:34 PM
monique

Kay wrote:
I asked about having things hand cancelled in the
post office, and they can do that but it costs an extra 12 cents. I'll let
you know, or maybe the recipient will let us know I'm sure the small
manila envelope would travel better, but again, they are more expensive.
Kay

A hand cancel should not cost any more than something dropped in the
box!!! It is not permissible to charge for a hand cancel. You need to
contact the head of the local post office and let them know about this.

Monique
Old October 5th 05, 07:09 PM
Taria

It does at my PO. Doesn't guarantee the item will get through
without a hitch though.
Taria

Old October 5th 05, 08:41 PM
Phyllis Nilsson

I just called our postmaster in Toledo, Ohio, and asked if it cost more
to hand stamp and was told no, it doesn't. You can throw it in the
mailbox with the proper postage and "Please Hand Stamp" written on it.
I used to transcribe for a doctor who sent me tapes all the time that
way and I sent him back the tape and completed reports the same way and
never had to pay more than regular postage.

Old October 5th 05, 09:50 PM
Taria

Well it seems some take the money and some don't. From what I
can tell they don't hand stamp anything anyways. I wonder if they
do it just to make us feel better?
Taria

Old October 5th 05, 10:23 PM
Polly Esther

Heck. Mail posted to our zip code should have plainly printed on the front
"Lay flat to dry". Polly

Old October 6th 05, 04:02 AM
Susan Laity Price

If purchasing small manila envelopes buy them at an office supply
store in a box of 100. Will last a long time but is much, much cheaper
than buying 10 in a polybag in a general type store. I still put
fabric in plastic and tape the flap to insure that everything arrives
safely.

Susan

Old October 6th 05, 09:15 AM
Sharon Harper

LOL - wanna bet? It costs $1.80 of stamps to send a letter to the USA if
you drop it in the box yourself. If you pay for the stamps over the counter
it costs you$1.95. Ridiculous huh?

quicker)

Old October 6th 05, 02:54 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

The extra 12 cents is for all thicker or over sized envelopes - anything
over 1/4 inch thick requires the extra 12 cents. Doesn't matter what kind
of envelope you put it in. Anything over an ounce is more than that.
SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
m...

Old October 6th 05, 02:58 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

ROTHFLMAOPIMP!! Rather damp this morning in Arkansas. I left my window
cracked on the Blazer last night because it was so hot and humid. This
morning we have temps in the 50's and a cold misty rain falling. DGD wore
her sweater to school this morning over her sKorts with knee socks. She
refused to wear her bell bottoms because she firmly believes it will warm up
later - and she prefers her skorts.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"