Not real sure what happened to...

Old September 10th 05, 05:22 AM
Phyllis Nilsson

Yes, and you're quite welcome.

Diana Curtis wrote:
I first looked up ascribe but didnt know how to use it in a sentance
either. You are so astute!
How would I have said that.. behaviours you ascribe to them. Yes?
Diana (with a thank you)

Phyllis Nilsson wrote:

*ascribe maybe?

Old September 10th 05, 05:49 AM
A&T

As an army wife from the first gulf war and a proud ex-Army wife...

I think you are over-reacting.

I haven't been able to read the newsgroup in several days because I have
been actively helping victims of Katrina.... but I think I am glad I missed
the drama. May God grant peace to every soul.

I pray that your husband will be safely returned to you.

Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

"Karlee In Kansas" wrote in message
this group.

I left this group over a year ago because of all the hate mail, snide
remarks, and general bitchy-ness of the group.

I had been here for the better part of 5 years when I left. I had taken a
year off in there somewhere because of a lack of internet access.

I'm a recipient of a HUG. I've participated in HUGs. And NOTHING ****es

me
off more than to see people whining about their blocks not going into the
designated quilt. At least the blocks are being used, for someone,
somewhere.

The only reason I came back was because I got a message from Larissa this
morning, asking why I didn't join the chat last night. I asked what was
going on, and she filled me in. She also mentioned to me that she had
brought me up in a post, recently.

Well here I am, and mad as hell.

I'm ****ED because we have dying and injured soldiers that need hugs, and

on
this group - which USED to be the most loving and generous group I had

EVER
seen - we have someone that tried to start a hug, and for whatever reason,
couldn't fit all the blocks in, and wanted to send those blocks to be put
into someone else's quilt.

People got ****ed, started screaming, and now, because of your stupid

little
temper tantrum, some soldier that really needs it, probably won't have a
quilt. Why? Because you are being selfish.

Grow up.

Am I a soldiers advocate? You can bet your ass I am. I'm still a Proud
Army Wife, who's husband is DEPLOYED. Yes ladies, my beloved husband is

in
IRAQ. That good lookin guy that 39 of you came together to make a hug for
when we got married almost 3 years ago, is in Iraq. He's been gone since
January. I haven't hugged him, or cuddled him since January. It will be
the end of October before he comes home on R&R, and who knows when after
that before he comes home for good.

We've lost a couple soldiers from his unit. The most recent one was blown
to bits by a land mine. That same mine that took his life, left a young
wife a widow (she is only 23) and 2 kids without a daddy. It also took

the
eyesight of one, and the legs of another, .

And here you sit, bitching about a few scraps of fabric.

You make me sick.

This group used to be about loving strangers enough to try to help with
hugs.

This group used to be about being there for one another.

Not name calling, not finger pointing, and the only people we had to
kill-file were the damn trolls.

Yeah times change. I know that as well as anyone else. But I never

thought
I'd see a bunch of quilters behaving like this.

I'm leaving again, probably never to return again (so don't email me and

beg
me to come back). I didn't alter my email address when I set up my
newsreader, just so it would be easier to send me hate mail.

Bring it.

Bring on the flames and the hate mail. My skin is hella thicker now than

it
was before. Just be forewarned that you probably won't get an answer out

of
me if you send hate mail...I'll be too busy laughing at how petty you are,
and too busy clicking the delete button.

Have a nice day. .

Karlee, still in Kansas

Old September 10th 05, 09:10 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Amen to that. Misdirected anger is only a waste of energy. Thanks for
adding some sanity Ms. Black Rose.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"the black rose" wrote in message
Karlee In Kansas wrote:
This group used to be about loving strangers enough to try to help with
hugs.

This group used to be about being there for one another.

Not name calling, not finger pointing, and the only people we had to
kill-file were the damn trolls.

Yeah times change. I know that as well as anyone else. But I never
thought I'd see a bunch of quilters behaving like this.

Hi Karlee, sorry you had to come back for such a reason.

But I have to disagree with you. I've been on this group on and off for
more than 10 years (under another name, for those of you who know that
"the black rose" has only been here a few years). It's always been like
this. Always. There are periods of relative peace, and God bless you for
remembering that more than anything else.

I'm ignoring the strife, because my life is so stressful right now that
I'm starting to wake up in tears. You don't need any more on your plate
either.

May God bless and keep your husband safe until he can come home to your
loving arms.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )

Old September 10th 05, 09:13 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Ah! Ms. Marilyn you are a treasure and you put everything in such a clear
and lucid light. Thank you for being so thoughtful and knowledgeable.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Marilyn" wrote in message
ups.com...
Karlee,

It has been awhile since we have seen you around. And being one who is
in and out, I wonder where and what happened to some of the ones who
used to be around.

If I can do this gently, I'll do my best. Being in the military does
bring on some personal advantages and disadvantages to one's prior life
which you have mentioned in your note specifically and indirectly by
the way the post was written. This is not the same Karlee I remember
reading posts from a couple of years ago. And with that, I am appalled
that you would come back with such a hateful post as well as words not
becoming of a lady. I question whether you had read several posts from
others who were putting it in the past already. Apologies were
expressed and from what I am reading, some of the hurt feelings already
disappating only to possibly resurface for those involved as well as
bringing on feelings for those who don't already know you for the
person that you were a couple of years ago.

I think it is unfair that you are assuming--at least from my
interpretation of the post--that ALL the members of the group are now
self centered, me first attitude type of people which couldn't be
further from the truth. This group has put together a lot of hug
quilts in the past year or two and have come together to make over 100
quilts in a short period of time for those displaced by Hurricane
Katrina. So self centered or selfish does not describe those who have
given to hug quilts recently or in the past.

I can relate to having a spouse or family member overseas and the
hardships involved for those in military families. I have lived very
near families who have a loved one away, I have taught students who
have a mom or dad away from them for long periods of time. I can see
in your post that you are angry about a lot of things other than this
quilt as that is what I saw with those around me. And like others in
the group who have a full plate, it sounds like yours is really
overflowing.

I could be wrong but I don't think this post was appropriate to have
posted from someone who has been inactive with this group's dynamics
for the past year or more. Facts are what we need to figure out and
search for prior to releasing emotions upon others. That is the only
way to finding out what happened and what answers you are looking for
instead of making your decisions based on what you are hearing and
interpretating from what you are hearing.

With that said, our thoughts are with you and your husband as well as
your children.

Marilyn

Old September 10th 05, 09:14 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Yes ma'am you surely did use the word and used it very well indeed.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
How well you put this all Marilyn. We are a family, we squabble and make
up or avoid the ones we feel ill towards. You must remember the little ins
and outs from when you were a member Karlee. Heck, you were in the middle
of a number of them yourself! And still, when push comes to shove we
are there for one another, in ways that really count. I cant tell you how
many times these kind folks have made my day bearable with their gracious
good humor and common sense. I cannot and will not ever think of these
people in the same harsh terms you *impute them with.
Diana
*I had to go look up that word.. its a good one but Im not convinced I
used it correctly.

Old September 10th 05, 09:15 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Yes ma'am it is and I'm so glad it's over.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in message
Welp, I understand, but - - you're a little late on the scene. This is
all
settled already.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old September 10th 05, 09:20 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Amen. I loaded down a Benton County Deputy cruiser this morning. He told
me that he wished we saw each other more often and under better
circumstances. We worked together a lot when I was doing child abuse
investigations. Seems we only see each other in committees or other work
related things. He had just pulled a double shift and was planning to go
over to Siloam Springs to help out with the evacuuees before having a day
off. He said he really enjoyed doing something besides busting meth labs
and drunks.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Donna in Idaho" (remove spam) wrote in message
All you gotta do is not read the messages. As soon as I saw what was
going on, I have deleted all conversations related to the 'bi****ng.'
Don't have time for that - we've been making blankets - much more positive
thing to do. If you don't read the messages, you don't answer them, and
the argument dies for lack of fuel.
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

Old September 13th 05, 09:38 PM
Sue DiNapoli

And to think I thought Karlee would not be the only one with this
sentiment! I cannot believe that she and I are in the minority. I also
left the group because of pettiness. One of my first projects with the
group was to piece together the quilt for the family of James Byrd Jr.
I sent out preliminary pics of the center placement and there were
blocks scattered - nothing had been pieced yet - and people were riled
because their blocks weren't included - the quilt top wasn't even done
yet! I made sure every single block made it in. Why? Because they were
made for that quilt. There are other reasons I left - too many to go
into. I don't know where this argument started, don't want to get into
it. But I was smiling and rooting Karlee on while reading her post
because I feel the same way!! This group used to be so giving and
loving and awesome! I participated in row robins and ornaments swaps.
My son was HUGGED. I was given such awesome support when I needed it.
Visiting the group now is not something I do on a routine basis because
there is too much ....... I don't know what exactly. Things have
changed, but again I have to agree with Karlee, I don't see them as
changes for the better.

Karlee - it was so awesome to see your name!!! No flames from me,
wouldn't want to hurt any of your stash!

Sue D. in Ithaca, NY

In article ,
"Karlee In Kansas" wrote:

[...]

-SNIPPED-

Old September 13th 05, 10:00 PM
maryd

I think this group is fabulous. As it whole it is generous, loving, and
kind. Occasionally I disagree with a poster on their view of a certain item
or event. Just like a birth family, this quilting family isn't going to
agree on everything and get along all the time. And to have former members
pop in just to say how they disagree with the group as a whole is very
disheartening. I don't have time to read everything so skip most responses
to OT messages but I do read everything that is quilt related.

--
Mary

:

Old September 13th 05, 11:47 PM
the black rose

maryd wrote:
I think this group is fabulous. As it whole it is generous, loving, and
kind.

I probably wouldn't say this if I weren't stressed out and in a bad
mood, but I gotta say -- Yeah, right. It's a popularity contest, hon.
If you're popular, you get the strokes; if you're not, you don't. I
don't happen to be one of the well-loved, popular ones. I make
beautiful quilts. But I'm crusty, cranky, and opinionated -- but that
doesn't mean I don't care or that I don't hurt. When I was scared
spitless because of abnormal mammogram results (although they proved not
to be malignant, those results mean that I will have to get a mammo
every 6 months from now on), I didn't even get one single squishie.
Possibly because I'm not oozing over with obvious sweetness. Or maybe
it's because I'm skinny. I've been under one king hell of a lot of
stress ALL SUMMER. I haven't shared what it is because there are
individuals on this group that take pleasure in my discomfort. But I'm
hurting, I'm stressed, I cry all the time and DH says I whimper in my
sleep. And I don't expect *anything* because I know I'm not exactly on
the A list around here.

You can probably expect me to continue being cranky and moody for the
forseeable future. Deal.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human
Relations
2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos

How to make a butterfly body look real? QuiltShopHopper Quilting 7 April 16th 04 09:51 AM
Ok, this time for real Jalynne Beads 13 February 11th 04 05:17 AM
New free BOM for 2004 --real purdy! Kathy in CA Quilting 2 February 4th 04 12:37 PM
Nice 1941 Singer Sewing Machine real wood Cherry Cabinet mickey Quilting 4 October 29th 03 06:19 PM