Not real sure what happened to...

Old September 26th 05, 01:27 AM
Sue DiNapoli

Yes, some people are. In this case it might be that she thinks that I'm
a parent who is going to disappear after a year or two of making changes
and she'll have to deal with all of the changes whether she likes them
or not. The thing is....my youngest is 2! I'll be at this school for
another 9 years!!! Unless, of course, there are some major life changes.

Sue in NY

In article ,
Phyllis Nilsson wrote:

Some people are afraid that if someone else can do their job, their boss
will feel they are not necessary at the cost of their wages. When I
worked at a hospital, the cafeteria gave jobs to several people who were
mentally retarded. The cooks and servers just about had a hissy fit and
it was simply because they didn't want anyone to think just "anyone"
could do their job.

Old September 26th 05, 01:31 AM
Sue DiNapoli

Never *thought* of the CD!! :-P

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

Considering mine are Spike and Giles? Yeah, Xander counts! My younger kids
don't watch Angel or Buffy, but I have a CD of the musical that we listen to
in the car all the time!

--

Cap'n Grainne O'Malley o' the Drunken Tongue
De-STUFF email address to reply
"Sue DiNapoli" wrote in message
That is HILARIOUS!!!!! Ah, to be able to enlighten my young ones to the
ways of Buffy...but they have nightmares about things from Star Wars
(which my DH shared with them)...so she will have to wait until they are
older...sigh...but does it count that my son's nickname is
Xander?!?!?!!? :-P

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

Hmm. DH thinks it's quite odd that my littlest know the words to the
Buffy
musical. Hearing Spike sing "Walk thru the fire" is just hilarious to me!
told DH it could be worse... I could be teaching them Captain and
Tennille
songs.

Old October 2nd 05, 06:33 AM
Sharon Harper

Shucks! Come on down and join them/us for a happy christmas drink and
party!! We'll have lots of fun and play lots of fun games and I know some
very attractive Quilt Police (or police who would play the role)!!

quicker)

"Sue DiNapoli" wrote in message
Sharon,

Thank you VERY MUCH for that. These past two weeks, especially, have
been very stressful and hard for me and I think the last six words of
your post are the nicest, kindest words that have been spoken to me all
day. Thank you for that (and it's a good thing I'm not wearing mascara
or it would be running down my cheeks right now.) I need to go get some
sleep so that I can have at least a few hours of stress-free time, I
hope! Thanks again Sharon! (As a side note, I've got family -BIL -
very close to you now and my SMIL will be there for Christmas this
year-not sure what she's going to do without snow.)

Sue in NY

In article ,
"Sharon Harper" wrote:

Sue, I don't think it's an out of sight out of mind thing. I often

wonder
just where and how others are doing and therre are plenty so it keeps my
brain fairly busy. Just because we may not post a "where are they now"
about every "missing" quilter who's been on the group, doesn't mean we

don't
think about them or care about them. We complain about the number of

posts
now (I'm dreading what I'll have to download after 2 weeks away) so can

you
imagine???? LOL.

Please do come back Sue, if not all the time (if you don't have the
time/ability) then just occasionally to say hi and catch up. I, for

one, do
miss you.

quicker)

Old October 5th 05, 05:51 AM
Sue DiNapoli

Oh trust me - if my husband would get on a plane - I'd be planning my
visit to you, our family, and friends in New Zealand while I'm at it, in
no time! Some day I will venture your way....and there'll be a whole
lot of things to do/see/talk about!!!

Sue

Old October 5th 05, 09:08 AM
Sharon Harper

Yaaaay! Sue's coming to visit...Sue's coming to visit......Can you bring
nzl* and Diana and Pat and Frood and Sairey and Susan and Ginger and and
and.....

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (wandering over to the
cookbooks to see what she can cook up - LOL)

Old October 7th 05, 01:38 PM
Sue DiNapoli

i've thought about it - trust me!! We are celebrating our 10th
anniversary tomorrow and it still bothers me that he won't try. He's
working on it. I won't do the trip without him because it's *his*
brother. I've wanted to go Down Under for a very long time, and I
will go there...just hope he can master the fears/anxieties and come
with me!! (His dad died of a heart attack when DH was 7, so there are
*issues*, and being in an environment he can't control is the biggest
one.) But, we're working on it...and I don't want to take an 8, a 5 and
a 2 year old with me....maybe an 11, an 8 and a 5 year old.....that's a
LONG trip...and I'd want them to see family too.

Plus - I HAVE to go to New Zealand - cause that's where XENA and
HERCULES were filmed, LOL. Another show that luckily went off the air
so that I can spend my time doing other things...like play with my
children!!!

Sue

Old October 7th 05, 01:59 PM
the black rose

Sue DiNapoli wrote:
I've wanted to go Down Under for a very long time, and I
will go there...

Ooh ooh, me too, I would dearly love to see Australia and New Zealand.
I'm the one that has to master the fears and anxieties though. I don't
travel well.

At least I speak the language. After a fashion, hehe.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old October 7th 05, 11:58 PM
Sharon Harper

There you go, you and Sue can get together bring the kids, hog tie the
husbands on the seat next to y'all and be down here in roughly 11 hours from
LAX. Truly. Then you can catch a boat from here to NZ (when I finally let
y'all go). See? Problem solved!!

quicker)

"the black rose" wrote in message
Sue DiNapoli wrote:
I've wanted to go Down Under for a very long time, and I
will go there...

Ooh ooh, me too, I would dearly love to see Australia and New Zealand.
I'm the one that has to master the fears and anxieties though. I don't
travel well.

At least I speak the language. After a fashion, hehe.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human
Relations
2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos

How to make a butterfly body look real? QuiltShopHopper Quilting 7 April 16th 04 09:51 AM
Ok, this time for real Jalynne Beads 13 February 11th 04 05:17 AM
New free BOM for 2004 --real purdy! Kathy in CA Quilting 2 February 4th 04 12:37 PM
Nice 1941 Singer Sewing Machine real wood Cherry Cabinet mickey Quilting 4 October 29th 03 06:19 PM