"Excitement" here

Old January 22nd 11, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

Default "Excitement" here

For those that checked the Ping Pati message...... and everyone else
who wishes to know.
Things have be a bit "exciting" around here this past week or so.
Rick finally told me he had been having quite a bit of angina for a
while. He went to his cardiologist, and the decision was to do a
cardiac catheterization asap. The cardiac cath was to start as just
an angiogram, but......
Wed. morning we got to the hospital as directed at 7. Checked in and
waited. Finally someone got to the cardiac cath lab and came and got
us. His procedure was scheduled at 8. It was a bit delayed, but they
went in by about 8:30. I waited. Did some handwork. Waited. About
10:30 the tech came out to tell me they were still working. Finally
got to see Rick before they were heading to recovery, about 11:45.
(Gave him his glasses since he was awake if not real cognizant. )
Ends up that 3 of the bypasses he had done 12 years ago are blocked.
Nothing they can do about them. One of the others, the major one,
seems to be fine. The 5th was well on its way to being blocked. The
surgeon inserted a stent and did some clearing (?).
It was close, evidently. A lot of serious changes are in store. I'm
not ready to lose him. And I know that I might at any time.

Right now he is feeling better. And I have been emphasizing to him
that keeping things from me, when I ask especially, is not a good
idea. I can tell when something is going on, but when I ask he tells
me he is fine. Just makes me worry more.

Anyway, I need to go get ready for a couple of classes today. SO, yes
we would appreciate prayers and good thoughts.

Pati, in Phx
Old January 22nd 11, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Prayers going out for Rick and for you too!
Barbara in FL

Old January 22nd 11, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That is really scary. Dr. Oz has a lot of great info on living healthy. I
can relate to that 'I'm too young to be a widow' theory. Take care.
Hugs, Taria

Old January 22nd 11, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MunnDE

Prayers made and sent for you and Rick.

(((HUGS)))

Donna
in WA

Old January 22nd 11, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

Thank God he finally told you and admitted there was a problem.I can
only imagine how scary all of this has been for you. We'll be keeping
both of you in thoughts and prayers.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

Old January 22nd 11, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Good thoughts coming!
Tell him I just re-read the 1st book and enjoyed it just as much as
the 1st time through. I'd hate to lose him too!
Roberta in D

Old January 22nd 11, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

Why do our guys seem to think that acknowledging pain is a bad thing?
Makes you want to thwap them upside the head and say WAKE UP!!!

Glad you learned of his symptoms in time to react prior to a critical
emergency! Hopefully he will embrace changes in diet and lifestyle. That
is never easy!

Prayers that he finds new strength in dealing with these issues and for you
as you help him in his progress.

--
Kate in MI

Old January 22nd 11, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Sorry to hear this. My question is-why can't they bypass the 12 year old
graft area. Doesn't make sense to me.
Gen

Old January 22nd 11, 11:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Interesting.
My father will turn 95 this year. He had his first 3 way bypass around
1972. His second 5 way bypass was around 1991. I know he cannot "do"
or go through a third bypass.

Ginger in CA

On Jan 22, 1:26*pm, "Gen" wrote:
[...]

Pati, in Phx- Hide quoted text -

Old January 22nd 11, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

What the surgeon told me was that the bypasses were completely blocked
and there were complete blockages on each end of the bypass and "there
is nothing we can do." Its a bit scary, and I think Rick is getting
the message. I hope.

Thank you to everyone.

Pati, in Phx