OT US States postcards

Old May 4th 10, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

Default OT US States postcards

My son (nearly 7) sometimes complains that he doesn't get mail, which
has led me to an idea which will hopefully teach him lots of things and
help him practice letter writing skills and maybe bless a few people in
the process.

My aim is for him to receive a postcard from every state plus DC,
preferably with a picture of something related to that state, we'll use
them to help him learn some US geography.

I know how much he wants to receive mail, so I want to help him learn to
bless other people this way, so instead of just exchanging postcards
with anyone who sends him one, I'd like senders to nominate anyone who
they think would be blessed to receive a postcard from him, whether it
be a child like him, someone who is sick, or lonely, or just having a
hard time. If a sender is happy to share their address with me, then I'd
like to record it so I can say thanks.

Suggestions for who to bless don't need to be restricted to the US,
though I'd like to help him bless someone in every state, so ideas for
smaller states would be very welcome from anyone.

The email address in the header is valid, so please use that to drop me
a line with your ideas for people to bless and/or your state if you are
willing to send him a card, so I can give you our address.

Thanks

Anne
Old May 4th 10, 03:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

I found this site a while back -- and it is a fun way to learn geography. I
wonder how many US Adults could place 50 out of 50 states in the right
spot!! (I can now -- but I've practiced a lot!) Learn capitals,
rivers.... It's a fantastic site!! and Free!!!

http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/web_games.htm

Okay -- so how well do you do on knowing where the states are? (Try level 3
states -- it is very challenging!)

--
Kate in MI

Old May 4th 10, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

thanks, Kate.
that is a fun site with lots of geography games as well as maths, vocab,
elements.
probly more i just had a quick look/see.
it will keep me distracted for quite a while.
thanks again,
j.

"Kate in MI" wrote ...

Old May 4th 10, 12:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kiteflyer

Great, another time waster LOL!

Level 3 avg error 8 miles, 409 seconds

Kate in MI wrote:
clip

http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/web_games.htm

Okay -- so how well do you do on knowing where the states are? (Try
level 3 states -- it is very challenging!)

--
Denny in Fort Wayne
http://community.webshots.com/user/kiteflyer54

/\
/ \
/ \
\ /
\ /
\/
\
\
/
\
\
/
\
Old May 4th 10, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

LOL States, level 3 one error (3 miles) (and it was Rhode Island!) in
about 245 seconds.

All that travel as a kid pays off in many ways. VBG

Pati, in Phx

Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

postcards Estelle Gallagher Quilting 7 September 13th 06 11:14 AM
More postcards KJ Quilting 27 March 20th 06 01:27 AM
More postcards Donna973 Quilting 24 March 19th 06 01:25 PM
postcards Kiteflyer Quilting 7 March 12th 06 01:45 AM
Postcards? Janise Ross Yarn 8 November 6th 03 03:54 PM