Trouble understanding Knitting Pattern - Dog Coat

Old January 4th 09, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
we4davis

Default Trouble understanding Knitting Pattern - Dog Coat

-------------------------------------
Learning yarnwork - again!!

I've recently starting "re-learning" knitting after a MANY years break. I
picked a dog sweater because we moved to Sweden and my dog needs one. It
lied and said it was easy!

I've just bound off 2 sections for leg holes (which they advise will be
worked later - all 4 at the same time) and now I'm lost. I have 11
stiches, 10 bind off, 80 stitches, 10 bind off, and 11 stitches. The next
direction says"Beg with a purl row, work 2 1/2" in stocking st from bound
off sts, ending with RS facing for next row".

Am I doing 2 1/2 inches of the 11 stitches at the end or what? I'm so
confused!! I'm sure it's very simple and I'm making it hard but I'm not
very good at undoing stitches made at this point and would wind up tearing
it all out and starting again. Thanks to anyone that reads these better
than I do!!

Mary

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.yarn - 25334 messages and counting!
Old January 4th 09, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee[_2_]

we4davis wrote:

-------------------------------------
[...]

You could be doing all sections at once, just with a different strand of
yarn for each. Your piece looks somthing like this:

vvvvvv______vvvvvvvvvv80stsvvvv______vvvvvv

So turn your work over and purl back, when you get to the first bound
off section, drop that yarn and purl the sts on the other side of it
with a new strand, then drop it when you come to the 2nd set of bound
off sts and use another new end for those sts. Or you can work each
section of sts separately.

sue
Old January 5th 09, 07:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
pecan[_3_]

we4davis wrote:

-------------------------------------
[...]

What comes after that? It may be that you're knitting down the chest
area, so it would pay to see what happens next. Is it a pattern online?
If so, give me the link so I can see what it says, otherwise, you're
welcome to email it to me and I'll chek it for you.

Catherine
Who is knitting socks for the first time ever, I think!!
Old January 5th 09, 11:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
we4davis

we4davis had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/Re-Trou...oat-26186-.htm
:
Hi Pecan -
I've scanned the pattern and would love to send it to you but have no
idea what your address is or how to find it! Sigh...I've never felt so
technologically challenged as I do right now!

Mary

pecan wrote:

we4davis wrote:

-------------------------------------
[...]

rec.crafts.textiles.yarn - 25339 messages and counting!
Old January 6th 09, 04:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee[_2_]

we4davis wrote:
we4davis had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/Re-Trou...oat-26186-.htm
:
Hi Pecan -
I've scanned the pattern and would love to send it to you but have no
idea what your address is or how to find it! Sigh...I've never felt so
technologically challenged as I do right now!

Mary

Ahh, if you were reading this group on Usenet on a newsreader, her
address would be easier to find.

sue
Old January 6th 09, 12:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y[_2_]

It would appear to me that you are doing this sort of thing
___ _______ ___
| | | | | |
| |_| |_| |
| |
hoping this comes out correctly...I've made dog coat patterns (free download
at www.northtipton.com with pictures of my dogs) This would be working up
to the cutouts, then you start to knit across the whole lot which closes the
gaps but leaves holes for the front paws to go into, then you dec a bit and
work in a rib for the collar..if there is one. so it looks sort of like
this....only the bit which now looks like a
_____________
/ \
/_______________\
| |house roof will be ribbed...if you see
what I mean

hth....Cher

A Breakthrough in Understanding! Sunny Quilting 2 May 1st 07 02:14 AM
Pattern Dog Coat Bob & Carol Yarn 8 December 10th 05 10:29 PM
Looking for a very basic Knit coat pattern internetchick Yarn 1 July 16th 04 01:01 AM
Korean Coat/Kimono XStitch Pattern? Judi Canaan Needlework 6 March 18th 04 11:15 PM
Need help understanding instructions mg1315 Yarn 9 October 21st 03 02:59 PM