OT Raspberry torte aka vulture vomit

Old October 7th 05, 02:41 AM
Taria

Default OT Raspberry torte aka vulture vomit

Here is a similar recipe I found online that is close.
I don't have the exact proportions cause I wing it. I'll
put my 'wing it' recipe below.
RASPBERRY TORTE

1 box red Jello
1 c. hot water
1 box frozen raspberries
1/2 pt. sweet cream
2 tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 angel food cake

Combine Jello and boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Add frozen
berries and crush slightly. Mix and chill until mixture thickens. Beat
cream, with powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix 2 to 3 tablespoons of cream
mixture with berry mixture. Chill again until mixture thickens.

Cut angel food cake through 4 times. Put filling between each layer.
Cover entire cake with remaining whipped cream. Chill.

Vulture Vomit.
Mix up raspberry jello adding a box of frozen raspberries. Use the
liquid from berries as part of the water in the jello.
Chill till partially set. Mix til smoothed out a bit.
Mix 1 cup heavy cream till stiff. Fold into partially set jello.
Make or buy an angel food cake. Tear into pieces about 1".
Find both parts of your angel food pan.
Layer the cake and pour over some of the jello mixture into the pan.
Repeat until you use it all. Set in fridge overnight.
Comes out of the pan pretty easy since it is two parts. You can pretty
it up with more berries. This stuff is pretty good but kind of
odd looking. SIL uses cool whip but I think it doesn't taste as good.

HTH, Taria

Old October 7th 05, 06:36 AM
Debra

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 01:41:38 GMT, Taria
wrote:

[...]

Sounds yummy! I am going to try it.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old October 7th 05, 02:12 PM
the black rose

I have to try this. I've got 3 teenaged boys and they are SURE to get a
huge kick out of eating something called Vulture Vomit. *ROFL*

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human