Bead breaks bone, film at 11

Old March 22nd 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default Bead breaks bone, film at 11

Thought you all would enjoy this since you got me started in lampworking.

On Saturday I was wearing a bracelet I made at a glass sculpture opening in
Indy where my glass guild was giving lampworking demos. Whilst gawking at
the sculpture, I stumbled down an oddly ramped section of concrete and ended
up landing on my hands and knees. The largest glass bead (small marble
size) on my bracelet swung under my hand and I landed on it, palm down.

Got that? Me, concrete, bead in-between the two -- SMASH!!

The bead is fine. My finger, however, broke.

Can I anneal or what?

I wonder if I'm the only person in the history of the world that has broken
a bone on a bead?

Old March 22nd 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

wow. that must've hurt like crazy.

I'm sure there have been people who have slipped on a bead and fallen,
therefore breaking a bone..but that's not the same as the bead directly
breaking the bone. that must've been one strong bead.

-Amber.

Old March 23rd 06, 07:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Ouch Get better Soon Victoria

Old March 23rd 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Oh, OW!!! I can just imagine.....

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old March 23rd 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
. ..
Oh, OW!!! I can just imagine.....

It hurt that day but I managed to stay for the lampworking demos with just
asprin for pain. It was the NEXT day that things sort of scaled up a pain
level or two. It was a helleva story to tell folks about the strength of
glass beads, though. Almost made it worth it.

Old March 23rd 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

OWWWWW
I've stepped on beads - and know that hurts -s o I
can just imagine falling on one with sudden force...
oww owww owwwwwww.
sorry for the "break" hope it heals (anneals) fast!
Cheryl

Old March 24th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

OMG!!! You were just blinded by the glass. I swear when I go to bead
shows, I'm always so blinded by the beads that I bump into people, etc.
Hope you get better soon.

Patti

Old March 24th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
Owwwwwwww! I hope, at least, that it wasn't your beading hand!

Thank GOD it was my left hand and I'm right handed. I thought of a LOT of
stuff you need your dominate hand for many times each day* and I was glad it
wasn't that hand.

*think about it

Old March 26th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Hey, at least you know the bead was annealed! See what I heard? Bead
waas ok....lol!
Hope you're doing ok.....
Cyndi
http://www.glassaffinity.com