Review: Orlando IGBS

Old June 15th 04, 11:30 AM
Linda2

Default Review: Orlando IGBS

To celebrate my birthday, Colette and I decided last minute to go on a road
trip to the Intergalactic Bead Show in Orlando.

Only one room, but several of my favorite vendors there, including our own
Laurie, Janie Jones (Grammy Glass), Blue Bear Beads, Fire Garden Beads and
Debba Deb.

Lots of semi-precious, charlottes, and silver. Only a couple of vendors with
a decent selection of seed beads. Dawn Dalto (Blue Bear Beads) has a
wonderful selection of her own patterns and was kind enought to sit down and
show us how to start a bead crochet rope. Janie Jones and Debba Deb did
lampworking demos.

While visiting Laurie, one of her fishies jumped into my hand and wouldn't
let me put him back down. "Ralphie" is white with periwinkle spots and big
juicy red kissy lips. One of Dawn's patterns for a ribbon-lace necklace will
be Ralphie's new home. I know she made him for me (right, Laurie?). The same
thing happened to Colette on Sunday and she is now also the owner of one of
Laurie's fishes.

Laurie has some klunk-worthy beads for sale. I spent a goodly amount of time
fondling and oohing her beads.
Unfortunately, she has no website at the monet so I can't point you there.

Dawn Dalto is one of the nicest people I have ever met. Her patterns are
amazing.If you get a chance, visit www.bluebearbeads.com and check them out.
She is selling her bead store and going on the road in a new motor home, so
check her schedule and see if she's coming to a bead show near you.

Fire Garden beads does amazing work as well. I wish I could remember the
gal's name. She does not have a website.

Next month we're road-tripping to the IGBS in Naples, so I'll take my camera
and get some shots of Laurie's beads and Fire Garden and others.

Linda2

--
When love is your greatest weakness, you will be the strongest person in the
world.

Old June 15th 04, 06:19 PM
Dr. Sooz

What fun, Linda!

I totally agree about Blue Bear Beads. Some AMAZING patterns there. It's on
the Links List, utterly recommended!

Dawn Dalto is one of the nicest people I have ever met. Her patterns are
amazing.If you get a chance, visit www.bluebearbeads.com and check them out.
She is selling her bead store and going on the road in a new motor home, so
check her schedule and see if she's coming to a bead show near you.

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old June 15th 04, 07:46 PM
Su/Cutworks

Sooz wrote:

I totally agree about Blue Bear Beads. Some AMAZING patterns there. It's

on
the Links List, utterly recommended!

I love her beaded bead spacers. So cute and such a great idea. Now,
where's that bead box and needle?

-Su

Old June 15th 04, 10:52 PM
Mothwoman

I got bumped off line while trying to read the first reply, so I don't know if
anyone got to mention that Fire Garden is Jennifer Kelting and Timothy Holahan.
They both do beautiful work, and are two of my favorite people! If they have
a website, I can't find it at the moment. I'll email them and ask.

Timothy was at the Cleveland show while Jennifer was at the Orlando show, and
he ended up being my hero for the weekend! I was having car problems again,
and he helped me out. I'm not sure how I always manage to break TWO cars at a
time!
Joan Eckard

http://mothwoman.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Mothwoman-Beads-and-Jewelry

http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=Mothwoman
Old June 15th 04, 11:49 PM
Linda2

That's them! No website. See if you can talk them into doing one, their work
is too gorgeous for everyone not to see it.

Linda2

Old June 17th 04, 05:39 AM
KDK

Sounds like fun!!

I love Jennifer's work too- she does some awesome fairies and some pretty
amusing "naughty bits" - what a range!! (I also wish they had a website).

Kathy K
ink.net...