I need a warm shoulder

Old January 18th 04, 12:40 AM
Lucille

Default I need a warm shoulder

I'm finally feeling better and recovering from bronchial pneumonia so I
decided that I would give my car a break and go to the market for a few
small items. Well, guess what--I have the deadest battery in this town and
it's too late to get a new one today, and I have a prior appointment for
tomorrow so I can't take care of it and guess what I'll be doing on Monday.

Boo Hoo !!

Lucille

Old January 18th 04, 12:56 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Lucille" had some very interesting things
to say about I need a warm shoulder:

I'm finally feeling better and recovering from bronchial pneumonia so I
decided that I would give my car a break and go to the market for a few
small items. Well, guess what--I have the deadest battery in this town and
it's too late to get a new one today, and I have a prior appointment for
tomorrow so I can't take care of it and guess what I'll be doing on Monday.

[hugs]
Old January 18th 04, 01:09 AM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/17/04 7:40 PM, in article
, "Lucille"
wrote:

I'm finally feeling better and recovering from bronchial pneumonia so I
decided that I would give my car a break and go to the market for a few
small items. Well, guess what--I have the deadest battery in this town and
it's too late to get a new one today, and I have a prior appointment for
tomorrow so I can't take care of it and guess what I'll be doing on Monday.

Boo Hoo !!

Lucille

Sigh - I know that feeling!
Cheryl

Old January 18th 04, 01:12 AM
Caryn

I'm finally feeling better and recovering from bronchial pneumonia so I
decided that I would give my car a break and go to the market for a few
small items.

Well, guess what--I have the deadest battery in this town

Lucille,

That really bites! I'm so sorry! I know how much pneumonia takes out of you,
and how hard it probably was for you to get the energy for the trip out.

Mechanical beings can be so evil!

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old January 18th 04, 01:45 AM
Gillian Murray

Poor you! Cyberhugs from upstate (((((lucille))))
"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...

Old January 18th 04, 03:34 AM
zita_tempest

Big hugs....been there, done that and it sucks.

(Hands you a cup of your favorite hot drink)

Isabel

Old January 18th 04, 01:00 PM
Lynne M.

"Lucille" wrote in message t...
I'm finally feeling better and recovering from bronchial pneumonia so I
decided that I would give my car a break and go to the market for a few
small items. Well, guess what--I have the deadest battery in this town and
it's too late to get a new one today, and I have a prior appointment for
tomorrow so I can't take care of it and guess what I'll be doing on Monday.

Boo Hoo !!

Lucille

Oh, bless your heart. I have had pneumonia myself. Now here's your little
lectu please take extra-good care of yourself. I had the hardest time
understanding that pneumonia takes a long time to recover from. It was
two years before I stopped getting bronchitis again and again. So stay
inside and work on your health.

Lynne
Old January 18th 04, 02:13 PM
Lucille

I called AAA and they did give me a jump start. My friend took the car for
a ride around the block and then we let it run for another 35 minutes but
guess what? The battery is so very dead that when I tried to turn it over a
half hour later it was dead again.

I'm going to wait for Monday morning, call triple A again to start me up,
and drive it directly to the mechanic. Then I'll probably go out and have a
bagel and coffee in the shop that I can walk to. then again maybe I should
go to the local bar and have an Irish Whiskey??

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts. It really does help to know people
care. Of course it's also a good reminder that these things don't only
happen to you and you shouldn't feel so sorry for yourself LOL

Lucille

wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:40:20 GMT, "Lucille"
wrote:
Damn cars, mostly designed by men who love to fiddle with them. Wish

we had more (I know there are a few) females designing cars building
in reliability and long lasting parts!

How is it you buy a new car and by three years later you generally
have to buy a new muffler. Now when you get the new muffler put on,
it comes with a life of the car guarantee! Why not at the outset of
the car's life?

Could a friend give you a jump start, then you could drive around for
a little while ?

Hugs anyway

Sheena

Old January 18th 04, 02:33 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Just to make sure you see this - get your alternator checked too! It could
be that the battery isn't recharging!
Cheryl

On 1/18/04 9:13 AM, in article
, "Lucille"

wrote:
Damn cars, mostly designed by men who love to fiddle with them. Wish

we had more (I know there are a few) females designing cars building
in reliability and long lasting parts!

How is it you buy a new car and by three years later you generally
have to buy a new muffler. Now when you get the new muffler put on,
it comes with a life of the car guarantee! Why not at the outset of
the car's life?

Could a friend give you a jump start, then you could drive around for
a little while ?

Hugs anyway

Sheena

Starter kiln for warm glass Adrian Brentnall Glass 0 January 8th 05 10:38 PM
it's WARM today Helen Page Beads 34 March 14th 04 01:13 AM
UM'S AND STAMPS NEED WARM HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS LasImpPan Rubberstamps 0 November 24th 03 09:34 PM
Way OF--I need a shoulder Lucille Needlework 12 August 7th 03 02:12 AM
An easy route to take was Way OF--I need a shoulder Fred Needlework 6 August 3rd 03 10:44 AM