AD: new freshwater pearls and new fire polished crystals - andHiloBeads update

Old January 22nd 09, 08:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren aka HiloBeads or PalmsEtc

Default AD: new freshwater pearls and new fire polished crystals - andHiloBeads update

Assuming you'd rather read a bead related ad than unrelated spam
I'll post an ad. HiloBeads just got a new order of freshwater pearls
and
fire polished crystals. The pearls are $2.-/strand, fire polished
crystals
$5.-/strand with discounts on multiples. Shipping is unlikely to
exceed
$4.95 + insurance if any. There are new pictures on the pearls and on
the crystals web page now (with some thanks to Jerri).

I also have some Big Island mgambo seeds now, drilled only. They are
lighter in color and bigger (this is a one-off, when they're gone
they're
gone until my own trees are bearing)

Swarovski crystals are on order to beat the annual price increase,
there
will be some new colors and some cube beads. Also, I have some Chinese
gemstone strands, a lot of which I haven't been able to identify yet,
a lot of
them dyed, those are also $2.- each, including some aragonite ($3.-),
marble
agate ($5.-) and something I'd vaguely identify as yellow turqoise
(probably
dyed howlite, $3.-), and about 30" chip strands of blackstone,
snowflake
obsidian, white howlite, unakite, leopard skin jasper and picture
jasper
($2.-). - No pictures so far -.

Update on HiloBeads: I have renewed the domain for 3 years. I have
some
regular local customers now, most of them local beaded jewelry makers.
There's still no store front but I hope to have a more regular place
to sell
at the East Hawaii Cultural Center. I'm a member of the East Hawaii
Cultural
Center and recently have become a member of the newly formed craft/
craft
fair committee. We hope to establish a monthly Hawaiian craft fair to
go along
with the _really local_ farmers market on the Aloha Sundays. For all
my
local customers: I'll have all the beads there, but not necessarily on
display
if is this going to work (and hopefully some plants, and while I still
have
them for this season, lilikoi).

Update on me: I haven't made a bead (lampwork) since October, but as
Kalera said, you develop some muscle memory and as I was putting
together my
"creation station" and put my arms on if my fingers started moving as
If I had
a mandrel in one hand and a glass rod in the other. The reason I
haven't put
it to use yet is a spider bite that still has me on antibiotics (which
some of you
know) for over a week now, and it's slowly starting to go away so that
I may not
have to spend about 12 hours/day on my back/sleeping anymore. And I
hope to
get a kiln sometime soon too.

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
(blog needs updating, for reasons mentioned in the post)